Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should we book through Expedia?

Three of my friends and myself are looking to head to Divi for a week in September. None of us have ever booked a real vacation through something like Expedia. Has anyone used it to book flight/hotel before? Any thoughts?

I'd book hotel and flight separately, but it seems to be a couple hundred bucks less on Expedia than anywhere else I can find.

Aruba since 1979
    i have used EXPEDIA for all that you mention.
    Have used it for Air, car and hotel.....numerous times.
    All domestic or canada.

Not always is Expedia cheaper than the airlines. I booked on expedia for Northwest airlines to Fort Myers and if I had gone through Northwest it would have been slightly cheaper.

My friends booked expedia to ARuba last Xmas and they had to change planes in Atlanta. The Atlanta flight time changed and their connection was going to be close. They called the airline to see if they could get on a different flight to Atlanta but since they had booked with expedia and not the airline directly they couldn't.

If going direct then I would say go for expedia if you are saving a lot of money but if you have to do connections, I would stick with the airlines.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

It's about $200-300 cheaper per person, as it stands, if not more. We're looking to get a direct flight so hopefully we wouldn't have to deal with the airline fiasco.

I'll definitely check again before we book, but it is pretty substantially less.

If you do book with them or any other travel site, check back within 24 hours to see if the price is cheaper. They will credit you the difference but it has to be within that time.
    I've used Travelocity quite a few times. It seems for packages it is a better deal. When its just the flight the airlines almost always have the better price.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsun View Post
    If you do book with them or any other travel site, check back within 24 hours to see if the price is cheaper. They will credit you the difference but it has to be within that time.
    I've used Travelocity quite a few times. It seems for packages it is a better deal. When its just the flight the airlines almost always have the better price.
    Cool, thanks for the tip. Prices seem to be fluctuating by $20-40 daily so that'd be cool to get an adjustment.

I used Expedia last year for our trip to the Divi and it was flawless. I even got an e-mail when the baggage rules changes. I've already booked for this November using Expedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I used Expedia last year for our trip to the Divi and it was flawless. I even got an e-mail when the baggage rules changes. I've already booked for this November using Expedia.
    Awesome. I'm hoping we can book tomorrow

We booked our flights through Funjet 2 years ago for our honeymoon without any problems at a reasonable price.

We just booked through Expedia for 2 weeks in Feb, the price changed by 800.00 from day to day for flight and accomodations at the Divi so keep checking back and wait for the best deal. We have used expedia many times without a problem so go ahead and book.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast