Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Signs That It's Time To Make An Aruba Trip

Signs That It's Time To Make An Aruba Trip

I'm sure that everyone has a particular time or times of year when they make their annual pilgrimage to "The One Happy Island." With those dates on their calendars marked out or highlighted in bright ink as a constant reminder. However their are times even before those dates when signs pop up in our regular every day lives to gently or in some cases loudly remind us that it's time for a trip to our happy place. For me those signs take the shape of:
    1. Speaking random phrases of Papiamento a work, or while running errands.
    2. Coming across a boarding pass stub from a prior trip in some random place in your home( I tend to find them in books becuase I use them as book marks)
    3. When the weather listing for the Caribbean pops up and you look out for the weather conditions and temperatures on Aruba.
    4. You search the line up of Caribbean Life and House Hunter International episodes for those that feature Aruba.

For me, it usually happens right after we get home from a trip!
    Other times include:
    - Hearing our local radio host talk about going to the big poker tournament there
    - Anytime we talk about going on vacation to other places
    - When it starts to get cold here

We have the Aruba calendar hanging in our kitchen.. every time I look at it I think about booking our next trip.

Aruba since 1979
    one of the things i do is start making "mental lists"......stuff to bring, where to eat, what to do, etc

Heightened irritation in meetings: "Three more weeks... three more weeks...don't kill anyone or you can't go... three more weeks...three more weeks..."

The Spouse starts packing six weeks in advance so, when things start to disappear around the house, I know we're getting relatively close or burglarized.

For us it starts in the crying room as we sit waiting for our return flight home. As soon as flights open up we'll be booking for October 17. As we're sitting here now we can't wait until our next trip in March for three weeks. Yippee!

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    For us it starts in the crying room as we sit waiting for our return flight home. As soon as flights open up we'll be booking for October 17. As we're sitting here now we can't wait until our next trip in March for three weeks. Yippee!
    That's the best place to start planning your next trip, I've heard of other visitors who have their next trip planned before they check out of the hotel. Already having a return date already set takes the edge off the sting of leaving Aruba. Only five months till you next trip to Aruba and for three weeks at that......NICE!!!!

That Aruba calendar hangs on the wall in my office. I dream about my next visit almost every day.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    That Aruba calendar hangs on the wall in my office. I dream about my next visit almost every day.
    Thanks Jacki!! So glad to know that I am not the only one that dreams of the next visit to Aruba( Sept 2017).

I dream all the time about going back to Aruba.... looking at July 2017
    Was just telling Lou with the grand kids gone and all their stuff left behind; if we sold all the stuff we can make several trips to Aruba...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast