Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sim card specific service question

Hi

I want to get a SIM card at the airport, only problem is that I have a technical question that is not detailed on the cellular company web sites, I also contacted them 2 times by email without any response (hope the service is better than the customer service...). So, if somebody here can answer it will be really appreciated

i need to know if you can share you connection with that SIM card, example, if I have an iPhone, will I be able to activate my connection sharing to create a "hot spot" with my iPhone? Here in Canada, it's always include in any SIM card from any company, but that's not the case in the US, so maybe not the case in Aruba.

none of the company responded me, hope you will be able to help! I will be there in 2 weeks. I want to be sure that its working, if you are not sure, please just specify it.

Thanks for your help and nice forum by the way

Check out the Mios Mobile Aruba MIFI 2200, you can google it. I've read about it on other threads here.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

have no idea of what the answer is, but i can tell you that setar and digicel most likely will not respond to email inquiries.

forum member pattyt mentioned the mio.
    here is the link to mio device thread
    personal hot spot MIO?
    Quote Originally Posted by RavingZeus View Post
    Hi

I want to get a SIM card at the airport, only problem is that I have a technical question that is not detailed on the cellular company web sites, I also contacted them 2 times by email without any response (hope the service is better than the customer service...). So, if somebody here can answer it will be really appreciated

i need to know if you can share you connection with that SIM card, example, if I have an iPhone, will I be able to activate my connection sharing to create a "hot spot" with my iPhone? Here in Canada, it's always include in any SIM card from any company, but that's not the case in the US, so maybe not the case in Aruba.

none of the company responded me, hope you will be able to help! I will be there in 2 weeks. I want to be sure that its working, if you are not sure, please just specify it.

Thanks for your help and nice forum by the way

Welcome to the community forum!

For me, I have found that when dealing with technical questions that are specific like that it is best to go to a store and speak with them directly. Calling & emailing doesn't work well.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Hi thanks for the fast answer.

i saw the mio hot spot yesterday, but would prefer not buying the module and get a SIM card only, i will not reuse the module, so it will be expensive for my need

do you think MIOaruba sell SIM card too? I contact them yesterday, hope they will answer!

If somebody else know about sharing connection with the other company SIM card, let me know!

thanks again

Didnt receive any news from MioAruba too... Can you tell me why aruba's telecom company are not removing the "contact us" link fron their web site if they dont read it??

My first customer experience with aruba is far to be great...

Did you trying calling them?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I'am in canada, we are in 2013, email are for that, why should i pay 3$ per minutes to call them? i'am the customer...

Aruba since 1979
    That is disappointing.
    if you have Skype could u call them?
    Quote Originally Posted by RavingZeus View Post
    Didnt receive any news from MioAruba too... Can you tell me why aruba's telecom company are not removing the "contact us" link fron their web site if they dont read it??

My first customer experience with aruba is far to be great...

No, i will have to call them with my phone. I will try to do that next week. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast