Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    That's not cool, they probably make lots of money over tourist with their cell phone service. They know we dont have any choice to use their service when we get on the island, so they dont care.

cell service

Quote Originally Posted by RavingZeus View Post
    I'am in canada, we are in 2013, email are for that, why should i pay 3$ per minutes to call them? i'am the customer...
    Hi!! When I have a question, I usually call them directly... Buy yourself a calling card( $ 5.00 in US), and you have about 100 min. talking time...so you can get all the answers, that you may be looking for...good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by worldtraveler1976 View Post
    Hi!! When I have a question, I usually call them directly... Buy yourself a calling card( $ 5.00 in US), and you have about 100 min. talking time...so you can get all the answers, that you may be looking for...good luck.
    Like i said in my last post, i called 2 times with no success, but thanks

Just came back, just want to let you know that even there they were not able to tell me if I can create a hot spot with their service, so was not able to know if I can do it unless I buy it. So I ended up not buying it, I only used hot spot at Mc Donalds, Starbuck and Juan Valdez all week

Glad it worked and much less expensive to boot!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by RavingZeus View Post
    Hi

I want to get a SIM card at the airport, only problem is that I have a technical question that is not detailed on the cellular company web sites, I also contacted them 2 times by email without any response (hope the service is better than the customer service...). So, if somebody here can answer it will be really appreciated

i need to know if you can share you connection with that SIM card, example, if I have an iPhone, will I be able to activate my connection sharing to create a "hot spot" with my iPhone? Here in Canada, it's always include in any SIM card from any company, but that's not the case in the US, so maybe not the case in Aruba.

none of the company responded me, hope you will be able to help! I will be there in 2 weeks. I want to be sure that its working, if you are not sure, please just specify it.

Thanks for your help and nice forum by the way
    Let me give it a shot:
    NO RESPONSE.
    Poor business habits - no excuse or remedy from me.
    USING YOUR PHONE AS THE HOTSPOT
    Yes you can, however it functions as an application and you will consume tons of airtime ($) - I do it in emergencies and the emergencies are waning
    YOUR UP-COMING VACATION COMMUNICATIONS
    If it is as important as it seems to be, then I strongly recommend getting a MIO. WHY? Being a hotspot is what it is designed to be. Try the outlet at SUPER FOODS and if they can't get you fixed, then go to their main store. Contact them in advance at http://www.mioaruba.com/
    LAST ADVICE:
    Dont do anything I told you, forget about the bloody thing and unless it is a very import issue (by definition of your grandmother) go get a sunburn.

LASTLY
    By what way is this a nice forum? I like it in all ways.

be well
    charles
    Last edited by charles; 07-18-2014 at 05:35 PM. Reason: forgot something
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

We rent villas that tend to have pretty poor speeds for land lines (i.e. the owner gets the cheapest throughput option).

We purchased an unlocked phone (a Nexus 4) in Canada, bought a sim card through Setar with high-speed access and data, and just tether to that. So, yes, Setar allows tethering and you can set it all up at the airport (purchasing the SIM card and phone/data plans).

The mobile network has consistently faster response times than the land lines at the villas. It`s easy to do... you just need to turn on the tether function in your unlocked phone settings and it essentially acts as a wifi hotspot AND you can use it anywhere (be sure to password protect it though!!).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123