Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Situation with Venezuelean citizen

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I agree, Smoki. But I'm sure Aruba knows tourism is their bread & butter. It would be in their best survival interests to nip this in the bud. And it looks like they are on top of things. Perhaps they can educate their police dept. nothing personal but they don't seem to be too much on the ball, just IMO.

I was told by a bar worker to be aware of the Venezuelans on the beaches etc it made me quite nervous on such a beautiful island. It won't stop me retuning and these things happen everywhere but did make me more vigilant

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Easy fix for Aruba is to require all visitors from Venezuela to show proof of prepaid lodging to enter the country. Don't know about you, but we never go to Aruba without confirmed rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLancaster2B View Post
    I was told by a bar worker to be aware of the Venezuelans on the beaches etc it made me quite nervous on such a beautiful island. It won't stop me retuning and these things happen everywhere but did make me more vigilant
    Yes, one of the articles mentioned that some Venezuelans did not have booked hotels and were sleeping on the beach. So I would recommend not to bring or leave anything of value when you get in the water..

What annoys me is that from the UK I'm only allowed to stay 90 days and I had a horrible time at customs yesterday when we left my husband and I got pulled apart and questioned heavily about how we have afforded to stay so long, why we do it every year, why we have Egyptian stamps in our passports (Egypt is very cheap to visit from the UK following shark attacks so we took advantage of a cheap break) why I have a new Zealand work visa in my passport (I lived and worked there) . And why we fly via America to get home. Basically it's much much cheaper for us to fly via the US as in 700 dollars each! Luckily I take bank statements and everything with us to prove we can afford it I even take put marriage certificate from when we got married in Aruba but even so it made me feel very guilty even though I'm not. The sad thing is we can't say more than 90 days yet others who may cause trouble can. Sorry rant over just sad I'm home!

Aruba since 1979
    closing this thread..... see posting about "Rumors/Telephone Game"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123