Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skype

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Some further "skype in Aruba" information

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/skype.html

Thank you Arubalisa. Very good information.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    While staying at the Holiday Inn, our cousin bought a month's usage of the Internet, as it was less than paying for two weeks! He had trouble finding hot spots around the hotel, but was able to use it in their room, with a weak signal which he occasionally lost. We were able to Skype our 6 yr old grandaughter to wish her a happy birthday, but kept losing video feed. She was thrilled!! (me too!!)

Prepaid WiFi Cards

So I contacted Setar re Aruba Wifi and once I buy a card, I can use it to log into any of their hotshots. The cost per week is $35 and for a month is $70. I am staying two weeks so will be getting a month card as it's the same price as two weeks. I'm wondering if I can give it or sell it for a nominal fee to someone before I leave as it will be good for two more weeks. I leave Aruba oct 2 so someone arriving around then could really benefit from my proposal. Is it possible?

Aruba since 1979
    my guess is that it is non transferrable.

Quote Originally Posted by amarg View Post
    So I contacted Setar re Aruba Wifi and once I buy a card, I can use it to log into any of their hotshots. The cost per week is $35 and for a month is $70. I am staying two weeks so will be getting a month card as it's the same price as two weeks. I'm wondering if I can give it or sell it for a nominal fee to someone before I leave as it will be good for two more weeks. I leave Aruba oct 2 so someone arriving around then could really benefit from my proposal. Is it possible?

Wifi card

You're likely right.I do hope it can be used on more than one device though as I will use a laptop in the resort and phone out and about. My sister is also bringing a BB. So I will have to find out if we can share the Wifi card and is it per room or does each person need to buy separately?

Aruba since 1979
    i do know that the setar can only be used on 1 puter at a time.
    in january i bought a 2 week plan.
    put the code in my mac and went online.
    dh entered the code onto his netbook and "not allowed"
    1 device at a time.

Okie dokie. That answers that question. No biggie. She will just have to buy her own or learn to share. Lol! My mom would love to see that, she's been trying to teach us to share for 25 years...
    I have to say this forum is amazing. I wish you were going at the same time as me so we could meet. Maybe next year?

Has anyone actually tried Skype from the Divi/Tamarijn wifi network? How was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ples View Post
    Has anyone actually tried Skype from the Divi/Tamarijn wifi network? How was it?
    According to My First Trip to Aruba the service was spotty a few weeks back. All of the networks for all of the Divi properties are tied in together.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    According to My First Trip to Aruba the service was spotty a few weeks back. All of the networks for all of the Divi properties are tied in together.
    I can deal with spotty service, I guess - I'll just go in the lobby or wherever it picks up. Just wondering if it's consistent enough for a phone call.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12