Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DushiHeidi View Post
    Fast phones is located inside the airport. When you exit it will be on your right if your walking out.
    masha danki

Quote Originally Posted by pdxwindjammer View Post
    Internet cafes around the world have skype installed on them and also have headphones. Not sure about Aruba.

I just checked call costs between Aruba and the US and they are .164 cents to a land line and .239 to a mobile line. That is quite high compared to many other countries I have called from.

It is very easy to use and I swear by it for most countries.
    Is this Skype current rates? Pretty high yes especially when Skype as a VoIP provider which supposedly has low rates. In fact Onesuite calling card, the one I use, cost only 10c from US to Aruba.

Here check http://www.onesuite.com/caribbean-is...phone-card.asp

I used Skype while I was there in Oct for 11 days. I had loaded about $10.00 into my account awhile back and arrived in Aruba with about $7.00 in the account. We called home every day talking some times for more the 15 minutes I think we used about $4.00 the entire time. That was calling to a land line. If you call computer to computer it is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard M View Post
    I used Skype while I was there in Oct for 11 days. I had loaded about $10.00 into my account awhile back and arrived in Aruba with about $7.00 in the account. We called home every day talking some times for more the 15 minutes I think we used about $4.00 the entire time. That was calling to a land line. If you call computer to computer it is free.
    Okay, so here is my question....I use skype quit a bit now to talk to a friend in Germany. We use laptop to laptop and never incur any charges.
    If I take my laptop to Aruba and use skype to call home to a landline what would it cost ??? And if I use it to call a cell phone what would it cost ??
    I realize I will have to pay an internet charge to use my laptop....so what is the advantage in using a skypephone ???? Don't you still have to pay for calls to non skype users ????
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    my comments in red

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Okay, so here is my question....I use skype quit a bit now to talk to a friend in Germany. We use laptop to laptop and never incur any charges. [Bsame with me, germany laptop to laptop skype to skype is free.[/B]
    If I take my laptop to Aruba and use skype to call home to a landline what would it cost ??? And if I use it to call a cell phone what would it cost ??both, about 20 cents a minute i think. i used mine a lot in august my skype on laptop in aruba to my dog's kennel landline and a friend's cell
    in usa.

I realize I will have to pay an internet charge to use my laptop....so what is the advantage in using a skypephone ???? Don't you still have to pay for calls to non skype users ????imo the advantage is cheaper. if you are going to buy a wifi card or get wifi for free, the skype option is cheaper, although not as convenient as a cell phone just my opinion

Paid $2.99 to Skype for unlimited call subscription for 30 day to any land or mobile phone in the USA and called various mumbers in USA from Aruba. You only need Skype credits for calls to Aruba #'s. I canceled it when I got hom, no issue.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

okay then, so I go online into my skype account, pay for and unlimited call subscription to usa from aruba and the cost is only 2.99. And the skype credits are what ??? Do I have to buy those also and if so what is the cost involved in that ???

Andrea, so if I use skype to call home from a wifi area in aruba it wont cost me anything??? If the person I am calling to has skype also....but if not and I call the cell phone from my laptop then I need to have skype credits that I prepay in advance...
    Have I finally gotten it or am I still a neandrothal ????

Aruba since 1979
    i think you are not a neanderthal.
    and it appears you understand.
    skype to skype is free.
    skype to non skype costs (little)

and.....remember to buy a wifi card or none of it works..........that is unless u find a FREE wifi zone.
    safe, fun travels michele aka dd

i just looked at my skype.
    i put $20 on it in early august and there is $14.20 remaining.
    i did a good amount of talking using the skype plan.

Ha....you thought you answered all of my questions....WRONG...but, the good news is this is the last one....when you say wifi card do you mean the stick you put in your laptop, but don't you have to pay for that on a monthly plan? Say for example from verizon ???
    I do not need one of those on a continuing basis so if I bought it I would not use it once at home...

Aruba since 1979
    you are killing me!!

ex: at lacabana their wifi is SETAR
    and in order to access internet one must purchase time

a one week internet card at lacabana is $35, and your code is on a "card". enter the card code and you are good to go!

safe travels and if you do go online, please report in.

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Ha....you thought you answered all of my questions....WRONG...but, the good news is this is the last one....when you say wifi card do you mean the stick you put in your laptop, but don't you have to pay for that on a monthly plan? Say for example from verizon ???
    I do not need one of those on a continuing basis so if I bought it I would not use it once at home...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast