Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sling Box

Sling Box

Has anyone had success with a sling box? I am thinking of getting one for our next trip in October.

What's a sling box? Is it for Internet? I did a search on this forum and can't find anything. Now I'm curious.
    Last edited by amarg; 08-01-2010 at 12:51 AM.

Sling Box is awesome, I used to have one when I was one when I was traveling a lot. Its comes in handy at the airport!

Sling Box allows you to watch your cable TV via the internet anywhere you can get a connection. Check it out, amarg.

http://www.slingbox.com/?gclid=CK3Lh...FQwObAodgm-8ow

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    I have one at my house in Aruba to watch channels from Europe.
    It works so so. It is all dependent on your upload at home and download speed in Aruba. Since I normally watch most things in HD it is a BIG difference.
    So the answer is it works but is dependent of your bandwith.

Carsten

Hey thanks. So there are 4 types of slingbox? Are they all very different from one another? Is it a one time buy and hook up or contracts? I am not good at all with tech stuff and get overwhelmed with all the wires, inputs, outputs, boxes, etc., we have these days. I couldn't connect any of it myself so had to have a tech come in to do it.
    Therefore, how difficult is the sling box to set up and use? Would you recommend it while visiting Aruba and staying in a TS? Isn't there tv there anyways & how much time do people really spend watching tv on holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by amarg View Post
    Hey thanks. So there are 4 types of slingbox? Are they all very different from one another? Is it a one time buy and hook up or contracts? I am not good at all with tech stuff and get overwhelmed with all the wires, inputs, outputs, boxes, etc., we have these days. I couldn't connect any of it myself so had to have a tech come in to do it.
    Therefore, how difficult is the sling box to set up and use? Would you recommend it while visiting Aruba and staying in a TS? Isn't there tv there anyways & how much time do people really spend watching tv on holiday?
    You're right, when there, we don't watch a lot of tv, but when we do, they have the major channels from the US...nbc, cbs, and abc.

Sling box replies

WOW! Thanks for all the replies and answers to my question. I will watch for more replies. How about Hulu? Anyone have luck with that. I heard that it isnt accessible out of the US.
    Thanks again.

Imo the biggest issue, like Schnauzerjoy pointed out, is going to be download speed in Aruba.

Hulu is NOT available outside of the United States.

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    Hulu is possible to watch anywhere in the world if you have access to a US proxy.

Carsten

Slingbox is great!! I love mine, I have the original when it first came out, and still works like a charm. It will work as long as you have a decent speed. Unfortunately most of the hotel connections are fairly slow
    Decided to take down my timer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast