Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: small red bugs bites on feet and ankles

small red bugs bites on feet and ankles

My husband and I are both in Aruba as I write this, and we both have a number of small red bug bites on our feet and ankles. I also have three on my legs and two on my arm. I hate to bring up the dreaded bed bug idea, but I don't know what could be causing this. I did my usual bed bug check and didn't see anything, and I honestly think the bites happened at some point during our first day on the beach, but I can't be sure. I suppose they could be mosquito bites, but given most are on our feet and ankles, I am thinking maybe a sand mite? We didn't feel the bites, and they didn't start itching until the next day. Odd! Anyone else encounter this?

Aruba since 1979
    i would think probably no on bed bugs.
    if in doubt contact the housekeeping dept at your resort now.

there have been reports here and there about some folks getting bit by things like sand fleas or little sand bugs.
    also too there are little bugs/flies/mosquitos at dawn and dusk.
    we (especially our feet and legs) got bitten badly in late august during outdoor dining.

I remember we talked about this awhile ago and came up with them being no see um's.
    They can be nasty little things.

I use this bug repellent spray that works on mosquitoes, no see ums, sand fleas etc. Its called buggspray and I bought it on Ebay. It does contain 25% deet but it has a pleasant vanilla smell which is supposed to help repel insects. Works every time for me especially when I go to Puerto Rico where I usually get bitten a lot.

It's been two nights of sleeping in the hotel with no additional bites. I think it must have been something that got us at the beach. I will try bug spray. Thanks all!

They tend to appear in the evenings.

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

It seems its just a matter of who they like,and dislike. I've been luck this week. Maybe they don't like the Balashi in the blood stream.

bug bites

Hello!

Just got back from Aruba and we were getting bit by
    little red ants. Bug spray helped. I miss Aruba!

yeah, the "no see ums" we seem to get bit every year the first day or two then no more...dont know whether its because we are in the chlorine then beach and back that maybe they quit attacking you or what ????
    But seem to get used to it and dont scratch and I think that is the key, dont scratch and you dont know youre bit....weird...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

That happened to me in June when we were there...itched like crazy! After the first couple days I didn't get anymore. Fresh blood I guess?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast