Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: small red bugs bites on feet and ankles

I just returned and while in Aruba, I continuously broke out in what seemed like these small red bumps all over my arms and hands. I attribute it to being allergic to whatever detergent they use at the Tam because I'm fine now. It definitely wasn't bug/heat related. It was really strange. I still have residual bumps, but thankfully no redness or itching.

Aruba since 1979
    i am wondering if it was your sunblock that you are allergic to?

my husband had the same reaction to BANANABOAT SPF 50 lotion.
    typically we use the generic (walmart or aldis) brand of aerosol sunblock .

we had run out while we were in aruba and he had to use the banana boat lotion.

his rash was on his hands, arms and top of his head.......all places where he used a generous amount of lotion.

Quote Originally Posted by cupidgirl21483 View Post
    I just returned and while in Aruba, I continuously broke out in what seemed like these small red bumps all over my arms and hands. I attribute it to being allergic to whatever detergent they use at the Tam because I'm fine now. It definitely wasn't bug/heat related. It was really strange. I still have residual bumps, but thankfully no redness or itching.

I thought maybe that could be it (or even heat rash), but I've used the brand (CVS aerosol) all summer and never had any sort of reaction. Plus I never had any redness/itchiness on my legs and sprayed my legs with the same sunscreen. I also slept with long pants, which is another reason I think it could have been the detergent they used.

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

I've had in the past. I was told its sun poisoning. Just too much sun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12