Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tavilas
  • 1 Post By Tom and Stanley

Thread: Solar Power

Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Baby Beach

Solar Power

Any Solar Farms planned? With all the sunshine it makes sense to me that Aruba should set a few up!

I have not heard of any "solar farms" being talked about. ELMAR does offer a solar panel kit for individual homes. Two of my neighbors have them and really like them. ELMAR does buy back power that you do not use. Not sure at what rate, but it's something. Both neighbors use it for the whole house A/C and one also powers his pool pump with it during the day. Both do not use all they produce so they both get something back from ELMAR. I am going to look into it also for my pool pump. Well, maybe for Stanley's A/C unit too. . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

the government announced and signed a agreement to start 2013 to build a solar park in the parking space of the Queen Beatrix International Airport,this solar park will produce electricity for approx 1500 houses

additional they will add 10 more windmill at the north side of Aruba. By 2014 Aruba will produce approx 50 - 60 percent of natural energies Aruba will be number 1 in the world
    for all of your aruba tour needs! http://www.wixtours.com/

Aruba since 1979
    re: the wind turbines in noord........has that all been approved?
    and has construction site prep resumed? i had thought that it was tied up in the courts.

where at the airport will the solar park be? the cars in the parking lot there be parked UNDER the solar panels (covered parking)

imagine?.......aruba producing 50/60% of their electricity from sun and wind!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marcntonio View Post
    the government announced and signed a agreement to start 2013 to build a solar park in the parking space of the Queen Beatrix International Airport,this solar park will produce electricity for approx 1500 houses

additional they will add 10 more windmill at the north side of Aruba. By 2014 Aruba will produce approx 50 - 60 percent of natural energies Aruba will be number 1 in the world

SUN AND SIN (oooops) WIND (Please disregard the SIN word. Didn't mean to write it.

That said - Solar farms unless immensely massive, are starting to become obsolete. The reason being that any unobstructed roof surface can be a part or portion of a solar farm, ERGO - 50 homes with panels would resolve the same thing as taking up land somewhere. Aside from that, private home panel placement does offer "Power-Buy-Back" options. All of this is changing the complexion of Solar farming, however it will become the alternative of choice. Another thing to remember is that they are PASSIVE. NO moving parts. No Low level sounds etc. etc. They just sit there and collect the rays as they fall down on us. (Poetic stuff isn't it?) SOLAR IS THE WAY TO GO.

SIN (oooops) WIND - Wind turbines are a trillion dollar industry. They tend to very seldom pay back the total investment. NO PRIVATE person buys them. (Only the little home ones made for farmers out west during them olden days) The big ones are always bought by governments and they cost a fortune. They have tons of parts and are NOT PASSIVE. They create low level sounds that..and on - and on - and on. Besides that, they take up my line of sight to the most beautiful thing in the world, My Island.

SIN (oooops) That was just a TYPO. However it is almost a sin for someone to benefit financially from the placement of one of those things.

be well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Quote Originally Posted by marcntonio View Post

Remind me about this in 2014 please. As an aside, if you do some research on this, (I have) for this to work as planned in two years it would require to many wind turbines. That is taking current technology into consideration. The solar panels are the answer and the current educated guess is that roof surfaces will be mostly used.

be well.
    charlees
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles