Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    My home in Opal first, then all of the many beach's and love the food

Some Gang problems

Aruba is safe as we know, but try to walk in numbers to your hotel/car as I was alone getting a pickup dinner and was hurt. to the tune of the Hospital eye doctor and fractured skull... Love and have lived in Aruba many years now but im not 19 and really need to pay more attention to my surroundings. I hate to tell friends this but since the newspaper plasters it all over I wanted to let people know. Sad part is I would always help out a husband/family in need. On a lighter note the weather is beautiful and all the holiday light look just festive, Have a wonderful Thanksgiving

Where?
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

So sorry this has happened. I wish you a speedy recovery. It is a good reminder to all of us, same as home, not to walk alone and avoid any unlit areas.

My home in Opal first, then all of the many beach's and love the food
    Back lot behind Salt and pepper, part there all the time

Smile Re: Gang problems!

Sorry to hear about that, Here's hoping you have a speedy recovery!

I hope they caught them and that the judge gives them a proper sentence! Not just a slap on the wrist!

Unfortunately this is becoming a worldwide problem in all western countries, As Lisa said though all people can really do is if something doesnt feel right get out of the area ASAP and campaign the law to impose tougher penalties

Aruba since 1979
    feel better soon.
    even though we would love to believe that aruba is 100% safe wherever and whenever...one must always keep our guard up and stay safe.

unlit areas are a no go absolutely alone.

speedy recovery and hope that the cops got the punks that did this to you.

Please add my wishes for a speedy recovery; not just physical, but emotional as well.

Unfortunately, as others have said, this is an ever growing problem, not just in Aruba; but in many countries. Even in in suburban areas, it seems to be increasing. I think it often goes back to knowing: (1) who your youngsters are associating with; (2) knowing where they are as much as possible; and, finally, (3) being home...whenever you can...and doing things as a family unit. It may not always work; but it is worth trying.

Just an opinion.

Ed

I was shocked to read about the assault. I park in the lot behind Salt&Peppers every time I visit the island and the thought never occured to me to worry about something like that. I know there is a lot of petty theft on the island, but I always found it too be safe.

Baby Beach and the Marriott Ocean Club smokey joes and happy hour by the beach
    hope you have a speedy recovery.I thought last time i parked there there was a man from salt and pepper to make sure you wre going to the restaurant acting like a security guard.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast