Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Some oil coming ashore?

Aruba since 1979
    very proactive!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    if Aruba is already on top of cleaning up without waiting for typical red tape, then I wouldn't worry. the fact they are trying to clean up before it gets out of hand is a good sign, at least to me it is.

Whatever petroleum they are unable to clean, the microobes will be more than willing to eat up. Just another source of carbon for them

If anything is happening, it is totally on the DL and not exposed to the tourists. We have been all over Palm Beach and the Arashi/Boca Catalina/Malmock, not a sign of anything out of the normal. We drove out around the north part of the island and down the coast a bit stopping several times, we didn't see anything the news has mentioned (tar spots, blobs, water sheen, etc.). I did hear that parts of the park are closed, but not even the tour guides are talking about it that we have heard. I think they want to keep any exposure to tourism at a minimum. We will be around another week too, so I will keep listening and asking.

An Update from Eagle beach, we were there for 8 days and no signs of any oil washing up.

I'm so bummed out that the natural pool is still closed. We've been talking about taking a Jeep Tour to the natural pool now for about 6 months. We leave on 7/6. Doesn't look like that will happen. :-(

Aruba since 1979
    you have 2+ weeks.
    i hope that you will get to the natural pool.
    we too had waited and planned and anticipated our natural pool adventure/swim.
    we got there, and the surf was too high so we could not get in.
    it was very disappointing, but after a short amount of time we were happy and on to another aruba adventure.
    this was in 2004 or 2005.
    we have never returned to the natural pool since and are ok with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky978 View Post
    I'm so bummed out that the natural pool is still closed. We've been talking about taking a Jeep Tour to the natural pool now for about 6 months. We leave on 7/6. Doesn't look like that will happen. :-(

this possible upcoming tropical storm may just be what's needed to disperse whatever oil is still floating around

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234