Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By AUA1989
  • 8 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By arubabob
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 2 Post By Traceyd14

Thread: Sooo much temptation here

Sooo much temptation here

OH MYYYY - It's soooooo hard sometimes to get on here and see this good stuff!!

Between great airfare postings (USAir at around $300 RT) and awesome timeshare rental deals (like RobO posted) how can someone not go? But, real life gets in the way sometimes. Send kids to college or go to Aruba? Send kids to college or go to Aruba?

And never, prior to having kids, did I ever imagine I would look at a calendar and have a hard time finding time to go!

Is this a common problem?

I wasn't sure where to post this random thought, move if you find it belongs elsewhere.

Send the kids to college in Aruba.

Done.

Solved.

You're welcome.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Never been a problem for us since our 2 kids were already married the first time we went in 1996. I can see it as a problem for others though. I had my own business and DW is a CPA for a small oil company and can take off most any time after April 15th. As a matter of choice we have almost always gone before school ends in April or May or after school starts in September. Less crowds around then and lower air fares most of the time. It is so much cheaper to go if your dates are flexible. The last 2 years we have gone in June because we took our GD and GS for high school grad presents. This year we go on May 16 for 13 days. we would have gone on the 15th and do have a room at CL for that Friday but we saved almost $800 on airfare by leaving on Saturday instead of Friday. SIS and BIL are joining us on Monday the 18th and leaving Tuesday the 26th. They both retired last year and the reason they are staying 8 days instead of a week is because they got way cheaper airfare leaving on Monday and coming back on Tuesday. It is much easier to make those financial decisions if your travel dates are flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Send the kids to college in Aruba.

Done.

Solved.

You're welcome.

I tried to get my DD to look into Xavier University of Medicine. She thought it would be too much of a distraction to go to school there. At least in the dead of northern NJ winter there is not much to do other than buckle down & study!

AUA1989 - I say college...so that they kids can pay for your retirement in Aruba
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I feel like this is the story of my life. For us, I keep trying to plan other trips or long weekends, but then I find a great timeshare deal and flight and we end up going back. We keep saying remodel our kitchen, or go to Aruba? Update our light fixtures and flooring or go to Aruba? And Aruba keeps winning. Our house isn't very old, but it has a lot of early 90's style. We keep thinking we are going to be in this house for many years so might as well go to Aruba while we can, especially when I find a timeshare rental for less than we rent a lake house or beach condo here at home.
    Not sure when, but we will be back