Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By aruba2099
  • 1 Post By AndyM

Thread: This Sounds Bad

This Sounds Bad

OK, I know this is going to sound bad like I have a problem but that is not the case. Sometimes just a variety is nice when it comes to drinks. I know when you get to Aruba you can purchase two bottles of alcohol duty free prior to leaving airport. I also think once you are at airport in Boston you can get two bottles at the duty free shop. Can you bring two bottles from Aruba and purchase two at the airport. Sometimes we like to have a vodka drink, rum drink, Malibu type drink or a whiskey. I am sure I most likely will be leaving a good part of it when I leave but just curious.

Thanks,

Dave
    Last edited by Bosox824; 11-12-2014 at 08:26 AM.
    Dave From Boston

http://

We pack 2 bottles in our luggage and sometimes buy a couple at the Duty Free in Aruba. It winds up being more than the "legal" amount allowed in, but we've never been questioned. SuperFoods has a great liquor section now as does Lings. Next year I might just buy what we need once we get there, it really only saves a few bucks to bring it down and they have the more popular brands in stock now. We are also partial to Palmyra products made on the island which are a bit less expensive than say Bacardi.

And it doesn't sound bad at all, we aren't here to judge!

DUTY FREE @ Queen Beatrix ARRIVALS

Customs Rules
    Import regulations::
    Free import by non-residents older than 15 years (residents may import half the duty free quantities). If more is imported the whole quantity is dutiable:
    1. 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars;
    2. 1 litre of distilled beverages or 2.25 litres of wine or 3 litres beer;
    3. gift articles up to a value of AWG 100.-.

One nice liqour drink is Pisan Ambon (green banana liqour). My wife only request was to bring some back to the US. If you go Superfood looking for some, they don't have any left, I bought what they had in stock, lol, it's simply that good. https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-3273.aspx

But you should be fine with customs, I would not volunteer any information, only if you are being asked. What is the worst that can happen? You'll need to pay duty (IIRC).

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosox824 View Post
    OK, I know this is going to sound bad like I have a problem but that is not the case. Sometimes just a variety is nice wen it comes to drinks. I know when you get to Aruba you can purchase two bottles of alcohol duty free prior to leaving airport. I also think once you are at airport in Boston you can get two bottles at the duty free shop. Can you bring two bottles from Aruba and purchase two at the airport. Sometimes we like to have a vodka drink, rum drink, Malibu type drink or a whiskey. I am sure I most likely will be leaving a god part of it when I leave but just curious.

Thanks,

Dave
    If I am reading you right, you are buying 2 bottles in Aruba on departure and want to buy 2 more when you arrive in Logan. This should not be a problem as you don't go through customs again leaving Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosox824 View Post
    OK, I know this is going to sound bad like I have a problem but that is not the case. Sometimes just a variety is nice wen it comes to drinks. I know when you get to Aruba you can purchase two bottles of alcohol duty free prior to leaving airport. I also think once you are at airport in Boston you can get two bottles at the duty free shop. Can you bring two bottles from Aruba and purchase two at the airport. Sometimes we like to have a vodka drink, rum drink, Malibu type drink or a whiskey. I am sure I most likely will be leaving a god part of it when I leave but just curious.

Thanks,

Dave
    You can get one one-liter bottle per adult leaving Boston if you have a non stop, or do the same at a connecting airport if not on a non stop. You take a chance if you hide them and buy more in Aruba and get stopped at random.

Now, it's quite possible that I've done the same.....and a 100 percent certainty that I've never been caught.

As for "sounding bad", wrong. Sounding admirable! cindyO and I manage a gin, a vodka, a coconut rum and a second gin or vodka.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    it is possible too, like cindy and rob ....we too pack liquor in our checked luggage
    bubble wrap and clothing cushion...
    a stop at aruba airport duty free too for a bottle each.

no issues ever for us.

Bob,

You are right on, direct with JB from Boston, thinking of two bottles in the duty fee shop and pick up two bottles when departing the airport in Aruba. Not sure if I will be doing it, may be easier just to go to Super Foods if not too unreasonable. Hopefully the food is good in the Aruba jails.

Dave

When you depart Boston, you have already checked your luggage in. So anything you buy will be handed to you at the boarding gate. You will have to pack that in your carry on if you dont want customs in Aruba to see your Duty Free from Boston. Also hope they dont decide to check carry ons which they usually dont.
    BTW Prices in super foods are comparable if not too expensive compared to Aruba Duty Free IMHO.

If you arrive late in the day or other quiet time, you could get bagged. We landed in Aruba around 11:30PM one time. It was the ONLY TIME we ever had more than the allowed amount of booze. We got caught and had to pay the duty on the overage. We stood in line for a very long time behind a family of Arubans returning from the US who had tons of items to declare before we could pay the duty and leave.

I decided it's not worth the few bucks we could save.