Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    Aruba since 1979

speedy passport renewal

wow
    we sent in our passport renewals march 4......today, exactly 2 weeks later, got the new passports back in the mail!!

no we did not expedite the process.

just regular renewal

glad the state dept is doing a good job.........must be because hilary is in charge

A two week turn-around from a Federal agency is fantastic. They clearly have it figured out.

We had the same experience, but I would never cut it that close, if I really needed it.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We also got our teens who had to go into the passport office that fast. We had ordered new passports and passport cards as 2 forms of ID...couldn't believe the prices. I think for the 4 of us it cost upwards of 600.00...( the id card added $$$$ to the total). Fast, yes , PRICEY even a bigger YES...

Aruba since 1979
    were you advised that the passport cards are the only acceptable form of 2nd id?
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    We also got our teens who had to go into the passport office that fast. We had ordered new passports and passport cards as 2 forms of ID...couldn't believe the prices. I think for the 4 of us it cost upwards of 600.00...( the id card added $$$$ to the total). Fast, yes , PRICEY even a bigger YES...

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    were you advised that the passport cards are the only acceptable form of 2nd id?
    No, we wanted them to carry with us when traveling in Europe. Easy fit in the pocket or wallet that hangs down your shirt. I know they are good in carribean and US as an acceptable form or ID, but not to travel with alone in Europe. I guess, its just a handy size that drew us to them.