Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    If you don't mind going for a short walk, there is a place called Moomba which is right on the beach where you can get food at a much cheaper cost than the Marriott. Moomba is right next door to the Holiday Inn which has great pizza at a better price than at the Marriott.
    Thanks for that great tip. We've gone to the Marriott many years, and I didn't know about Moomba. This year, we're bringing three of my son's friends with us (all 18 ), so I'll be sending them in that direction for sure.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    Thanks for that great tip. We've gone to the Marriott many years, and I didn't know about Moomba. This year, we're bringing three of my son's friends with us (all 18 ), so I'll be sending them in that direction for sure.
    My boys enjoyed the Holiday Inn pizza a lot and much better price. The place is facing the beach. Also, walk up to Playa Linda and go to Dushi Bagels for lunch as well. Boys would get sandwiches there and they are huge. Moomba is good for hamburgers,etc. but I do believe Dushi Bagels also sells hamburgers.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thanks for the additional info, Randi! I'm taking notes. We've not paid too much attention to food prices when bringing two teens, but four...yikes. We've already told then no charging to the room, and no room service. We're doing cash only to limit the pain. lol
    Next Aruba trip in

I travel with my DW and 2 young girls (they eat off kids menu)

Breakfast was included for the kids but was about $30 a day (combined)
    Lunch was about $45
    Dinner at a nice place was about $100
    Then Ice Cream Daily was about $20

We did not drink and kids had water (their preferred drink).

We decided this year to do AI at the Occidental so that we can pig out and the kids can get Brain Freeze all day!
    Decided to take down my timer!

Aruba since 1979
    i love the ice cream worked into the budget.
    :-)
    i remember yrs ago the only option for ice cream in aruba was a place downtown across from the bus station ;-)
    [/B]

Corona,
    I have three boys (20,18,16) and the food budget is always a consideration!
    What I would recommend is a trip to the grocery store!! You can pick up a cheap styrofoam cooler there and then purchase soft drinks, beer, etc. We bring them down to the pool or the beach in the cooler and that is a huge savings. We also buy snacks which is always a MUST with a bunch of boys around. This is all major savings.

We also buy hot dogs and BBQ then for lunch. We like to get food for lunch and breakfast and save our $$ for dinners. Breakfasts are simple and lunch can be anything from sandwhiches, frozen pizza or chicken, hot dogs, deli meat, etc. Breakfast are in "shifts" as Dh and I get up earlier than DBs. Everyone grabs their own bagel, toast, cereal, whatever.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thats what we do too randi, breakfast in, most lunches in...and then dinner out.
    saves a little...

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by sunworshipperII View Post
    Thats what we do too randi, breakfast in, most lunches in...and then dinner out.
    saves a little...

Saves a lot!!! I don't need to tell you how boys eat!!

You're reading my mind, Randi. All these ideas are very helpful.

We're actually doing the grocery store this trip, and I always bring one checked suitcase with lots of snacks (breakfast bars, crackers, 1/2 price holiday candy, etc). I found out that the grocery store will probably be closed when we arrive due to the Monday Easter holiday, so I'm hoping to have Lings deliver my groceries to the hotel. I was actually surprised that the grocery prices weren't as bad as I expected, and delivery is only $8. I had hoped to stop on the way to the hotel, but delivery will be fine. Come Tuesday morning, I plan to be in my swim suit and on the beach with no thoughts of grocery shopping.
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    i spent some time during the last couple of days cooking and freezing.
    homemade meat red sauce(sausage and ground sirloin).
    hotel style turkey breast.
    southwest chicken veggie soup.
    all frozen and ready to bring to aua next week.
    we plan on eating IN at least 5 nights.
    so the checked "snack" suitcase will also have a few frozen entrees in there as well.

nothing more frustrating than having to delay beach time or pool time to run to the grocery store.
    all we'll need is milk and half and half and balashis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12