pier

Thread: Sprint Cell Service

Sprint Cell Service

Does anybody have any experience using their cell phone with Sprint service in Aruba? I'm not so worried about getting calls from the states, I'm looking to use my phone for communication between my wedding planner in Aruba and my guests on the island.

I think I've read somewhere that text maybe free? Although I highly doubt that is the case.

http://internationalroaming.sprint.c...comeRoaming.do

International Roaming in Aruba
    Pricing Information
    Voice Pricing: $1.99/minute
    Special Voice Pricing: $1.69/min. with plan
    Data Pricing: $0.016/KB
    Special Data Pricing: 1x Data: $0.002/KB
    Text Pricing: Send: $0.50/recipient; Recv'd: $0.05/msg

http://shop.sprint.com/en/services/w...d_sprint.shtml

International Coverage Find Sprint Worldwide coverage, rates, features available, and more.
    Discount plan available! For only $4.99 per month the Sprint Worldwide plan offers discounted rates while traveling. Check coverage and rates. You can Chat with us to add the plan to your account or you can call us at
    1-888-226-7212 (option 2).

Last edited by Arubalisa; 07-28-2010 at 06:33 PM.

Thanks so much Arubalisa...all the information I need. I called sprint a few weeks ago and they were not much help at all, other than to tell me I should upgrade to international. It looks like I will be texting away!

You are very welcome.

When you call "
    you can call us at
    1-888-226-7212 (option 2)."

I would make sure you ask whether or not there is a minimum or maximum number of months which you must buy the 4.99 international discount plan at.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 07-29-2010 at 12:07 PM.

I would look into getting a SIM card if your phone works with them. In the long run you will pay much less if you plan to be on the phone alot.
    Decided to take down my timer!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgroi135 View Post
    I would look into getting a SIM card if your phone works with them. In the long run you will pay much less if you plan to be on the phone alot.
    I'm assuming the sim card is "prepaid calling" that kind of bypasses your subscriber service??? Are they available at the kiosk in the airport or can you order them online in advance? Can you text with the sim card too? Are you still able to access your phone info (numbers etc) with a different sim card?

The last time I was on the island the cell phone kiosk was closed (sunday afternoon) so we just bit the bullet and called from the hotel...bad idea, over a hundred dollars in charges on my CC for just a few calls. We are arriving on a Friday this year, so maybe they will be open?

blackberry or setar

check that thread. Alot of info about the Sim Cards... The location is no longer in the airport. They will deliver to you though.
    Decided to take down my timer!