Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stingrays and Dolphins

Are there beaches in Aruba where you can swim with Stingrays or Dolphins?

Not in Aruba

Just a note. . . . Three years ago we stayed at the Divi Divi and a large ray did swim by in front of us. It was at least 7 feet across and was not far off the beach. It just cruised by by slow and them turned out to the open water when some swimmers came close to it. . . . It was really impressive. . . . . That was the one and only time I ever saw one near the resorts.

Tom and Stanley

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    There are both Rays and Dolphins here, but you will rarely see them in the normal tourist areas because of all the "noise" made by all the water activities.
    The dolphins rarely come close enough to shore for you to swim with them, but sometimes they find it fun to closely follow the smaller boats and give a show. Just last week 2 of my friends got surrounded by a big pack of dolphins which was just 2 feet under and at the side of the small 17 feet boat. The Rays sometimes come all the way into the beaches (like Tom and or Stanley ;-) saw) but not regularly enough for you to plan for it, but if you get lucky, the huge ones are not easily spooked so you can swim with them.

Carsten

saw a herd of dolphins traveling past the beach by divi village one year, but not close enough to swim with, and have never seen them since....but there is always hope that one day they will be there again and close enough to hang out with....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Interesting. I've never seen either and we stay at Divi. I will keep an eye out next year

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Unhappy

>>> "Interesting. I've never seen either"
    ----- Ditto! In over 20 trips have never seen either and spend most of time on beach next store to Divi(CDM).

In 22 trips, I've seen dolphins once - it was on the Tranquilo and we were way beyond the reef and doing some nice fast sailing. Some dolphins joined us and did criss-crosses under the boat.

Saw some spotted eagle rays a couple of times while snorkeling. But you have to know where to look.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I've seen stingrays at Arashi, but fairly far out. Never seen them close to shore.

On the whole, what makes them keep away from Aruba? Where on other islands they are
    Plentyfull? And ( Although not in my title)Does Aruba get Sharks? Or passing whales?
    Last edited by garyiryna; 09-29-2010 at 02:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast