Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Stronger appreciation of Aruba

I have to agree with all the posts!

Aruba is heaven, paradise as compared to the other islands. A few of the islands I've been to on cruise ship stop overs you can't even relax on the beach without vendors coming up to you trying to sell you stuff. In Cancun the minute you try to exit the airport, men dressed in tan troussers and blue shirts come up to you asking for your passport just to get your attention. They pretend they are custom agents or something and then try to sell you timeshare.

The beaches in Cancun are very beautiful like Aruba. From the plane it is such a lovely view. However, at the resorts I find a lot of beaches are not swimmable. A lot of rocks, strong waves, rip tides etc. A few of the resorts I stayed at in Cancun had the beach separated by flags. Red flag meant too dangerous to swim because of rip tides, waves and rocks, yellow proceed with caution and green safe to swim.

In Aruba I go to Eagle Beach and when I enter the water I'm in there a minimum of 1 hour sometimes up to 2 hours. Just swimming, floating on my back without a care in the world..

Aruba to my Dh and I is home away from home. We know the island well. Even though I would love to say I know the island like the palm of my hand, every year we seem to find a new bar, restaurant, beach, etc that we have never been to before and once again I am amazed !!!! I am comfortable there and like someone else mentioned....if I ever get tired of it (NOT !!!!!) then we will try somewhere else.
    Have been to several other Caribbean islands, but none make me feel safe and most of all HAPPY to be there !!!
    Keep saying we have to go somewhere else....not Caribbean....like the Canary Islands, or Santorini or.....but never seem to get around to doing it.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Senior Member cyclone promotions's Avatar
    Get the I LOVE ARUBA t-shirt and you will be ready
    Professional Island DJ's
    For All Your Weddings And Party Needs.
    We Create Your Party
    DJ TINO
    https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/dj-t...472c213ea.html

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone promotions View Post
    Get the I LOVE ARUBA t-shirt and you will be ready
    Already have one of those, as well as about 4 sweatshirts of various design.....As I said....I am in love and addicted to Aruba !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Madame Janettes, Rumba's, Driftwood, El Goucho, Marina Parata all for dining. So many places. I love the shopping in town as well as shopping by the Highrises. I go in & out of all the hotels.
    When I start talking to people about Aruba, they always say, "Isn't it boring going to the same place every year, you should try Mexico or somewhere else." I have and all I can say, is way go anywhere else when Aruba is the Cream of the Crop! Why would I want to go somewhere else?

Aruba since 1979
    Exactly RFAM..... Kind of like shopping. If one is used to going to Macys and then is asked to swap out to WalMart, then it is a huge "step down/downgrade".We have high expectations of Aruba and those expectations are usually met. Expectations of places like the DR or Mexico...well we expect not so great. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RFAMIGLIETTI View Post
    When I start talking to people about Aruba, they always say, "Isn't it boring going to the same place every year, you should try Mexico or somewhere else." I have and all I can say, is way go anywhere else when Aruba is the Cream of the Crop! Why would I want to go somewhere else?

We started with Aruba - our first visit was our honeymoon almost 15 years ago. We've never been to any other island and every time I talk about maybe visiting another island just to compare, I'm always warned that when you start with the best, there is no where to go but down. Aruba has set my expectations of the Caribbean quite high
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba is not a destination. THAT is where the confusion lies. Aruba is not a vacation island or resort mecca, as so many would have us think. Aruba has crime (not much) but it is under control. Aruba was not sculpted out of the mountains of someplace and turned into a Disney in the Caribbean. On Aruba, there are no large plastic tubes with sharks swimming through them. On Aruba, the most valuable real estate has been bought up by supermarkets. That isn't normal. Actually, we are a bit of a boring mess. I strongly recommend staying away and leaving the beach just for me. If you come, make sandwiches in the room and I will eat without having to make a reservation. Taxi's are too expensive and buses are under par. Stay at your hotel!

Aruba. I spend the entire day trying to figure out how to make it mine, mine, mine

be well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Sorry Charles but you are going to have to share it with a lot of people like me!!! We to LOVE Aruba and will not go anywhere else. We have been to ALOT of places the last 30 years and next week will be my 30 plus trips back to Paradise!!!! Sorry Charley!!!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

started 22 years ago my beautiful wife and I. next week 90 family and friends @ occidental, enough said!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast