Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jalancast,
    Sounds like a fun job!
    You can wifi free at Salt and Pepper
    and at MooMba Beach.
    Hope this helps!
    -jolly

Quote Originally Posted by abj View Post
    we are leaving this sunday morning for aruba and are staying at the Tamarijn and am glad that i will be able to connect to the net while there.
    Just be aware that there is a charge of $50 for seven days. They also offer smaller time packages. http://www.arubabound.com/photos/htl/tam/divi_resorts_wireless.jpg

In two stays we have found the best connection to be in the lobby or building 1300. Building 1400 may have a good connections as well. In June building 1200 had a lousy connection.

abj
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Just be aware that there is a charge of $50 for seven days. They also offer smaller time packages. http://www.arubabound.com/photos/htl/tam/divi_resorts_wireless.jpg

In two stays we have found the best connection to be in the lobby or building 1300. Building 1400 may have a good connections as well. In June building 1200 had a lousy connection.

thanks for the link. may get the 4 day one but will see when we get there.

Boy, I must be showing my age, but when we leave for vacation I shut off my cell phone at the airport. No laptop either....I buy a setar card and call home once or twice to check on my mom and pets but other wise I am pleasantly incomunicato for 2 weeks !!! I do leave our resort phone number with family in case of an emergency though.
    I guess those folks that are on working vacations need access, but (truly I mean no offense) if you are on vaca, why the need for a laptop or cell phone...??? Like I said at the beginning, I must be showing my age.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

to come here and post to everyone of course
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    to come here and post to everyone of course
    I did, but only 'cause dh had the laptop for work, which in turn helped pay for the vacation.

I have a softphone connected to my phone system at the office so I can make phone calls home to check on the the animals and check in with the people staying at our house, etc. at no charge and I still need to pay the bills that are due while we are in Aruba, etc. Always bring a laptop and get wifi access at LaCabana - very reasonable rates and the signal has always been strong
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

abj
    Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Boy, I must be showing my age, but when we leave for vacation I shut off my cell phone at the airport. No laptop either....I buy a setar card and call home once or twice to check on my mom and pets but other wise I am pleasantly incomunicato for 2 weeks !!! I do leave our resort phone number with family in case of an emergency though.
    I guess those folks that are on working vacations need access, but (truly I mean no offense) if you are on vaca, why the need for a laptop or cell phone...??? Like I said at the beginning, I must be showing my age.....

i am bringing the lap top not to work with but so i can get the pictures off my camera everyday (never know what may happen to a camera from day to day and i'm not chancing losing any pics.). i'll upload them to my photobucket account and send them to my mom and sister and also post them on my forum as daily update for my friends . most of them have never been to aruba and want to see pics. i think its cool as hell to basically put real time pics up on my forum. i do it evrytime we go on vacation.

Work, wifi?? We have been coming here for the last ten years to get away from work and computers!

Quote Originally Posted by abj View Post
    glad i saw this thread. i was just gonna ask about wifi there. want to bring the laptop to upload pics for the family and friends.

we are leaving this sunday morning for aruba and are staying at the Tamarijn and am glad that i will be able to connect to the net while there.
    We just returned last week and I was using the internet connection at the taramajin $9.00 for 40 minutes. and if I wanted to use free wifi I went to the the mall next to Kings super market there is a small area in the bakery store where you can pick up a cup of joe and desert. while surffing the NET. to bad I dont remeber the name. it's very easy to miss. I know they sell t-shirts it's a small mall so when you sit there no one bothers you. Good look and have fun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast