Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: suggestions for a rainy day?

Hi Wannagoback - I laughed so hard when I read your post about buying your timeshare on a rainy day - the same thing happened with us. In our case we were on a ski vacation in Lake Tahoe, California. It was an end of the season trip (late March) and it was very warm that week and one day it rained heavily so we opted to skip the ski slopes and walk through town. Since it was rainy heavy, walking through town was not that delightful either. We saw a kiosk with an offer to tour a timeshare and was happy to find a free indoor activity that would be informative and use up time until the sun came out again. Four hours later - we owned our first timeshare. Rainy days can be expensive - LOL!

I've only experienced what can be considered as a full rainy day back in September 2014. The very day after I arrived for my fourth visit and my first stay at La Cabana it rained for almost the entire day. So I continued reading the book that I had been reading during the course of my travel to Aruba, as the AC in the room was really chilly I pulled out one of the blankets from the closet and bundled up in it and enjoyed a nice quiet, uninterrupted read.

We usually pack a dice game left, right, center... (for dimes) somebody always ask to join. Even at the airport too.

Aruba since 1979
    an awesome game!
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    We usually pack a dice game left, right, center... (for dimes) somebody always ask to join. Even at the airport too.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Just googled the dice game, may have to purchase for next trip! Sounds like a ton of fun to be had by all.

Aruba since 1979
    we played it rcently for quarters.
    omgosh!

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Just googled the dice game, may have to purchase for next trip! Sounds like a ton of fun to be had by all.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we played it rcently for quarters.
    omgosh!
    We play for dollars at most family events. We've been known to have the occasional $5 game, but these are infrequent.

Aruba since 1979
    wow.....we have only done that a couple of times. we went broke pretty fast.
    it is a blast
    i think jacki's family plays it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We play for dollars at most family events. We've been known to have the occasional $5 game, but these are infrequent.

We always play it at family get togethers. The kids love it! We play for dollars and when the littlest one wins she always thinks she's rich!!

We have played it - I totally forgot about it. We need to find that game. Of course we always bring Pokeno - rain or shine it's a fun time. We've upped the anti to a nickle per pot ($.15 per game). The kids go thru their banks for nickles to bring on vacation
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast