Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Switching hotel question mid stay question

Nice!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

In the end I had to switch twice unless I was willing to pay $750 nightly at the Ritz for the extra 2 nights... I am flying southwest as they were almost $600 cheaper than flying jet blue. Without the family in tow, I am much more willing to connect etc...the wife won't do the connections things and after after almost 25 years of traveling together I don't fight the battle...she wins, always.

Jacki, I agree. This traveling using points/free days is really kind of exciting, more exciting than paying full price, and the thought of 5 nights without my family....as much as I love them, WOW I am psyched!

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    What are your travel dates?

April 19th-24th

I support anything that gets you to Aruba as many times as you are going this year You will have to do a trip report let us know how it goes. I'm interested in the safe situation, Hilton inparticular, as I'm sure we will add on nights there in the future pre or post timeshare.
    I have to add, I'm extremely jealous of your solo trip. I love hanging out with my hubby of course, but a week of doing exactly what I want when I want, without compromising in Aruba sounds perfect!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Tracey, I certainly will do a live trip report during my solo trip- I will have plenty of time. I will do a live one next week from the Ritz as well. I am 99% sure the Hyatt still has lock boxes in the basement. Its been 20 years since Ive used one but I am 99% sure I am not dreaming it, lol. As far as the Hilton goes, I am hoping to stay down at the Ritz and check out at 3pm or so, but not sure if I will be able to get them to "keep me" that long, and I won't have to worry about the situation with the Hilton.

Sounds like you're all set! Can't wait to read your reports. Definitely use your "elite status" for as much as you can. Ask for things even if you think it's an outlandish request. My experience is all hotels and airlines are very accommodating to their upper tier members. My IHG platinum status at Holiday Inn nets us a front row reserved palapa every day, late checkout and a welcome gift (I always take the bonus points).

Walt, I am learning about this "elite status" thing....not something we done prior but I am now ready to get the benefits we have earned thru our years of travel. If/when they let me check in early/leave late at the Ritz it will be perfect as I won't lose any real time with transferring hotels. I won't have much more than a carry on with me I am thinking...the only thing I travel with is my small portable fan, I need the noise to sleep- I am weird, lol.

The front row palapa is a nice addition to any trip, lol.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Are you making yourself unpopular at home??
    leaving without the family.....😎

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    April 19th-24th

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast