Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ~Amy~

Thread: AT&T International Packages

AT&T International Packages

Happy Thanksgiving

Anyone have AT&T wireless and what additional international packages are adequate. I have no reason to talk to anyone back home by voice unless there is an emergency. I may face time from the REN and use email but should be able to do bot using wireless from the room if I am correct. I am not sure if I need a package for the phone for text and sending a few pics. Any thoughts and recommendations?

Respectfully,

Dave

Aruba since 1979
    hi dave

i have no info re: att

but we stayed at the ren nov 7 - 21 and the wifi around the area was terrific
    we used facetime , made skype calls and had no use/no need for our aruba cell phone which sat in the bottom of the beach bag.

so, if you do not get your answer re: att, you will be happy to know that your devices can pick up the wifi at the ren!

happy thanksgiving and happy travels

My daughter is currently on a cruise; I got her the Passport Plus option, $60. From what you describe about your needs, I think the $30 Passport option would be sufficient.

http://about.att.com/story/att_intro...al_travel.html
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bosox824 View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving

Anyone have AT&T wireless and what additional international packages are adequate. I have no reason to talk to anyone back home by voice unless there is an emergency. I may face time from the REN and use email but should be able to do bot using wireless from the room if I am correct. I am not sure if I need a package for the phone for text and sending a few pics. Any thoughts and recommendations?

Respectfully,

Dave
    Will you be going to restaurants outside of the resort? We've found that a lot of them only confirm via phone.

We just use a Setar simcard and our unlocked Nexus 4 - I think it's $9 or something for talk time - we actually made two international calls and didn't run out of talk time for the two weeks we were there.

I used the $30 passport option with AT&T while in Italy this past summer. Worked great and it was all I needed. However, while in Aruba I take advantage of the free Wifi at our resort and use email from our Netbook while in the room/balcony. So, I never buy a package while in Aruba.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks everyone. I did get the $60.00 Passport Package and to my surprise Aruba is not on their list of WIFI sites. I am only able to connect from our resort. It is OK, I can take pictures and download later when I have time.

Dave