Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Target and packing

After a week of beautiful weather here in NJ there is nothing but rain in the forecast for the next 4 days - ugh! To cheer myself up went on a Target run to stock up on supplies for Aruba - nothing makes me happier than buying sunblock! 3 weeks until departure so i figure it is not too early to start packing - is it? Heading down to the crawl space today to pull out the suitcases.
    katherine

Trip #14 in

19 days to go for us

Hi Katherine,
    We have 19 days left to go. We arrive on April 1st. It is a gloomy Saturday here on Long Island. We are getting ready for our three year old's baptism tomorrow, and then we too will be focusing on stocking up on the sunblock.

We are staying at the Radisson (my husband and I have been to Aruba twice before, in the past three years.) This is the first vacation for our newly adopted son, who came to us from Russia. It should be interesting. We will be coming with our 15 year old daughter as well.

I am not sure what activities I can keep my son busy with. The 15 year old will just fry herself all day in the sun Im sure. Any suggestions???

Cant wait for happy hour at Gilligans!

Susan from NY

Ha ha ha--Well we have a much longer wait, and I already have the suitcases out on the bed in the spare bed room. Also, I have already gone to Walmart to get little travel bottles and sunscreen. I guess I can do just a little each week just to make myself think it will be soon.
    I have already booked Bully to pick us up at the airport, and Cerry for a tour of the island.
    I guess we won't be worn out when we get on the airplane. LOL LOL
    Have a great trip---I will still be here thinking about what I need to put in the suitcase. LOL
    Pat

sbardolf - congratulations on the new addition to your family!!
    This will be our 9th trip to Aruba with children ranging over the years from newborns to 9 years old. We have stayed at the Hyatt every year, this year we are traveling with a larger group and will be staying in the low rise section at the Divi. My children have always been happy enough just digging in the sand and swimming - we have not had to do too many activities to keep them happy. We did go on the partial sub that leaves from the pier by the Holiday Inn a couple of times which the kids really liked. You take a boat out to the sub and then they give you a tour underwater to see the fish and shipwreck. We have also done the Jolly Pirate sunset sail with the kids which they liked - they have a rope swing which your daughter may like, but even the younger ones have fun watching - the members of the crew do some fun stunts. There is also a butterfly farm within walking distance of the Radisson which the kids enjoy. There are little playgrounds at some of the resorts which my little ones always enjoyed checking out, and we also like to walk down to the rocks near the divi phoenix - it is a good place to find hermit crabs!

You can buy sand toys when you get there, but i always bring some little things with me - the boys love having little cars/trucks and those little plastic animals that you can buy in the tubes provide a lot of entertainment in the baby pool and sand! I also bring a small blow up baby pool for the beach - we fill it with water and it keeps the little one busy.

One other thing - my kids love going to dinner at Blossoms at the Westin - they put on a good Hibachi show and have some cool fish tanks!

Hope this helps - good luck!
    katherine

Trip #14 in

Gotta love the bartender contest at the Raddison.We stay at the Occidental and that is one party there.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Heading to Target now....getting those new papasan floats by Swimways. They pack well, are the size of dinner plates, blow really really quickly, and spring back into their mesh bags...hey for 15.99 they are worth the investment, and my "air"....

I have 28 days to go and I have already started packing. Nothing major though. Just some shirts and a few other things. As I find the stuff (we just moved into the house not too long ago), I put it in the bag. DH wont pack until the day before I am sure....
    Kisha

Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by tangy003 View Post
    Gotta love the bartender contest at the Raddison.We stay at the Occidental and that is one party there.
    We stay at the Occidental as well. When do they have bartender contest at the Raddison? Sounds like fun.
    Can't wait to get there woooohooooo!!!!!!!!
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Love Aruba View Post
    We stay at the Occidental as well. When do they have bartender contest at the Raddison? Sounds like fun.
    Can't wait to get there woooohooooo!!!!!!!!
    Pat
    On Saturday night.