Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Taxi ride from airport

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    7
    Thank you... I actually did that yesterday. Fingers crossed

  2. #12
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,121
    i contacted friends in aruba. he is a taxi driver.
    his wife got back to me and told me that 99% of the taxi drivers in aruba are aruban.
    they do not know of any driver from the bronx, ny.

    is this gentleman aruban? (maybe he moved to ny for a period of time)

    Quote Originally Posted by tayhan08 View Post
    This is a total shot in the dark....I am looking to try to contact the taxi driver who took me from the airport to the Marriott Surf Club
    on Friday January 19th approximately 3pm. I have no receipt and no name lol.
    Is anyone aware of how they work in Aruba? Are they all self employed? Do they report to anyone?
    The only information I have is personal ...He is from the Bronx, NY, his son is a JetBlue pilot, and he is widowed.
    Sounds like a crazy request and probably is but hoping I can reach him.

  3. #13
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania
    Posts
    1,072
    Do the taxi drivers use their own cars? If so, the make, model and color may help locate him.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    7
    Yes I believe he is. He is an accountant by trade and was a member of a firm in NY. His wife wanted to come back to the island to pass away��. He has since stayed there and gave up his profession.
    I am truly amazed and grateful for your help!

  5. #15
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,121
    ok, so he is an aruban who moved to ny (bronx) and is now back in aruba.
    driving a taxi
    has an adut son who is a jet blue pilot

    i hope someone can help!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tayhan08 View Post
    Yes I believe he is. He is an accountant by trade and was a member of a firm in NY. His wife wanted to come back to the island to pass away��. He has since stayed there and gave up his profession.
    I am truly amazed and grateful for your help!

  6. #16
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,587
    I know I mentioned it but I would call A1 morning and night and ask the dispatcher for some help... maybe you could bribe him/her to put out a radio call to all cabbies. Best of luck!!!! Keep me in mind if you don't have any luck and I will ask when I arrive on the 27th of March.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    ok, so he is an aruban who moved to ny (bronx) and is now back in aruba.
    driving a taxi
    has an adut son who is a jet blue pilot

    i hope someone can help!!
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 03-07-2018 at 03:54 PM.

  7. #17
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,121
    i think that the OP tayhan08 should contact A1.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I know I mentioned it but I would call A1 morning and night and ask the dispatcher for some help... maybe you could bribe him/her to put out a radio call to all cabbies. Best of luck!!!! Keep me in mind if you don't have any luck and I will ask when I arrive on the 27th of March.

  8. #18
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,008
    I really hope you find him and then come back to let us know
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO