Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Snidely
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By WaltVB

Thread: Terrible Beginning Great Ending

Terrible Beginning Great Ending

Our friend, Lady B, arrived Sunday March 10 and upon checking in at Tamarijn, discovered she did not have her purse that contained passport, cash, credit cards, contact numbers for reporting lost credit cards, etc. I will add that Lady B is 75 and her traveling companion is 89. Needless to say they were upset.

Tamarijn management and security met with them. Lady B could only remember she had the purse at Aruba customs. Not after that. They did recall that the taxi driver was a husband/wife and they had a van. Security said they would go to the airport and review security video from the time of their arrival to determine if Lady B had her purse when leaving the airport.

Around 10:00 that evening, Tamarijn advised that security believed they had identified the taxi.

The following morning around 11:00 AM, we saw Tamarijn Management, the head of security (do wish I had names for these folks) and another gentleman walking down the boardwalk. The third gentleman was the taxi driver and he had Lady B's completely entact purse around his neck. Tears of joy flowed from Lady B. Her traveling companion commented, "I think it's going to be a 3 Manhattan afternoon. Kudos to Tamarijn Management, Security, and the Taxi driver. Ervin Dubero, Taxi # 37. 002 977 445093. Their honesty deserves your consideration for your taxi needs.

I relayed this story to Bully, our good friend and driver. Bully's recommendation to all:
    Before and after you enter a taxi, make note of the license plate number and/or taxi number. He commented that the taxi's regularly find purses, wallets, phones etc that are left in the vehicles. Unless these items are noticed immediately, they have little option to determine where the owner might be staying or living. The license plate or taxi number gives you and option to locate them.

Happy traveling. Moderator, move is this better fits another category.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Aruba since 1979
    i will also copy this to the "getting around aruba" category

There are good, honest, lovely people in this world!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    There are good, honest, lovely people in this world!
    And a whole lot of them are in Aruba!

Glad to hear of a happy ending AND a great tip.