Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Thanks to everyone!!!

Thanks to everyone!!!

Hi...I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone on here for the assistance you gave me in planning my upcoming trip to Aruba on August 21st. I sure wish I had looked into this forum before my first trip to Aruba in February! Some of you helped me directly with responses to my posts and some of you helped me indirectly with your knowledge from past posts.

Upon arriving in Aruba we will be met by Bully who is widely praised on this site and I look forward to meeting him. By the way, does Bully always have beer with him or do I need to request it?

On the second day Tropics Rental Cars (another forum favorite) will be dropping off the car to my hotel. I am staying at the Holiday Inn. Not the nicest hotel but the price can't be beat and the location of the pool right next to the beach is great. My children also love walking across the street for Starbucks or crepes at a little stand. One thing I don't think I have seen mentioned here is the awesome gelato ice cream at Planet Gelato Aruba in the Palm Beach Plaza. I think we ate there almost every evening of our trip last time and I am sure I packed on a few pounds as a result.

Since we will be there on our 19th anniversary I will be using Strea Charters (saw their name company mentioned by ArubaLisa) for a sunset cruise for just me and my wife on their 55 yacht. This will be a total surprise for my wife when we walk down the dock and the Captain invites us to board his boat.

Regarding food, we are still looking into this. My kids love Iguana Joes and Salt and Peppers tapas. On this trip I want to try some out of the way places so I am still deciding where to go. I will be going over SanNic44's writings with my family to figure out what they prefer.

We are going to go to our favorite Baby Beach and also try out some new ones. Most of our time though will be lounging by the pool/beach and hopefully finding some good volleyball competition. Thanks again for all your help!

Aruba since 1979
    your trip is coming up fast!! 5 wks and counting!

no, bully does not automatically have beer. it must be prearranged. if he has time, he might stop for you and pick it up, expect to not only pay for the beer but the time involved for him to stop.

enjoy your trip and we hope that when you return you will take some time and give us your "aruba story"
    after all, we all live vicariously thru everyone's adventures!!

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaRookie View Post
    Hi...I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone on here for the assistance you gave me in planning my upcoming trip to Aruba on August 21st. I sure wish I had looked into this forum before my first trip to Aruba in February! Some of you helped me directly with responses to my posts and some of you helped me indirectly with your knowledge from past posts.

Upon arriving in Aruba we will be met by Bully who is widely praised on this site and I look forward to meeting him. By the way, does Bully always have beer with him or do I need to request it?

On the second day Tropics Rental Cars (another forum favorite) will be dropping off the car to my hotel. I am staying at the Holiday Inn. Not the nicest hotel but the price can't be beat and the location of the pool right next to the beach is great. My children also love walking across the street for Starbucks or crepes at a little stand. One thing I don't think I have seen mentioned here is the awesome gelato ice cream at Planet Gelato Aruba in the Palm Beach Plaza. I think we ate there almost every evening of our trip last time and I am sure I packed on a few pounds as a result.

Since we will be there on our 19th anniversary I will be using Strea Charters (saw their name company mentioned by ArubaLisa) for a sunset cruise for just me and my wife on their 55 yacht. This will be a total surprise for my wife when we walk down the dock and the Captain invites us to board his boat.

Regarding food, we are still looking into this. My kids love Iguana Joes and Salt and Peppers tapas. On this trip I want to try some out of the way places so I am still deciding where to go. I will be going over SanNic44's writings with my family to figure out what they prefer.

We are going to go to our favorite Baby Beach and also try out some new ones. Most of our time though will be lounging by the pool/beach and hopefully finding some good volleyball competition. Thanks again for all your help!

Welcome to the"Forum." We are delighted that you join us. As you already found out, we are like one big, happy family. Congratulations on your up-coming 19th Anniversary; what a wonderful way to spend it. Have an absolutely wonderful time.

Ed