Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Theft on Arashi

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

Theft on Arashi

We'll I sit here waiting for the police. I had my bag under a towel, went in the water, came out, bag was gone. They got no money but they got both our licenses, the rental cellphone which I have to now pay for & worse of all, my kindle.

and the car keys were in there & they through them in the open window of the car. At least we had the car keys & house keys. But now we have no licenses to drive & no kindle.

Wow so sorry to hear that! Which beach were you at?

Aruba since 1979
    that is terrible.

time to buy a vacation vault or something similar (Pacsafe) http://www.pacsafe.com/collections/instasafe-z.html

even here at my home community pool (we are in a gated community) i always use a locking device pool bag.

sorry that this lousy situation put such a damper on your vacation.

try checking the trash receptacles around.....your licenses may be in there.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 12-07-2015 at 01:38 PM.

OMG I am so sorry to hear that. It certainly puts a damper on vacation. I hope they are able to recover your licenses.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    So sorry to hear that, Gaby!

Theft is on the rise. I read that many, many times when looking through Diario or Awe24 (they are in Papiamento but I still get an idea what it's about).

The thief must have watched you as he throw the car keys in the rental vehicle. At least, you were able to drive home and you don't have to pay for new car keys which can be expensive as well.

I hope that your driver licenses show up. Many times, the thieves throw passports ect just in the trash, I hope visibly for others to see, so that they can be recovered.

Many times thieves are after electronics like your Kindle or cameras, cell phones etc. As Andrea said, it's best to get a vacation vault or something similar.

All fingers, toes and paws over here are crossed for you that at least your driver licenses will be recovered, hopefully the rental phone as well. And, of course, your Kindle.

What beach did this happen? I just left Arashi beach about one hour ago. Let me know if you need any help.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Arashi beach & it happened about 12:45. The police just left. Need to get police report tomorrow.

Oh Gaby, so sorry to hear this! It's so sad that someone stole from you and stole that secure and relaxed feeling. Try not to let it get you down too much.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Very sorry & saddened to hear this.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    A lot of cellphones have a tracking device installed. I hope the thief kept the cellphone and that the police is able to track him down.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast