Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Theft on Arashi

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    The worse part is having to get a new license, which sucks, and a new kindle. Only my kindle was old & froze up & was due to freeze up & I have the plug. The police were thinking Venezuelans. So did the security guard here who called the police for me & let me call the cellphone people. And don't get me started on them. Even the cops said I'm sure they have insurance & the one cop was a little pissed they were charging me for the phone. And I said I paid for two weeks so if you're charging me for the phone, give me another for the second week & she wanted to basically charge me additional for it. We'll Aruba Discount Cell, you lost a repeat customer. I even said I've been renting from you for years. She knew who I was. I said you're going to nickel & dime me? So furious with them.

on a lighter note, one of the cops who came was gorgeous, I mean hot, lol.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Thanks Retagger, it's just a pain but they got no money. The police said keep the police report with you in case we get pulled over & have no license.

theft on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    We'll I sit here waiting for the police. I had my bag under a towel, went in the water, came out, bag was gone. They got no money but they got both our licenses, the rental cellphone which I have to now pay for & worse of all, my kindle.

and the car keys were in there & they through them in the open window of the car. At least we had the car keys & house keys. But now we have no licenses to drive & no kindle.
    Hello!! Sorry to hear that, but-unfortunately- this type of crime is on the rise.....My in-laws just came back from Aruba, and they are saying that quiet a few incidences have happened, on the Eagle beach too, by DIVI village...their friends left a bag , with Ipad, and camera and watch, hanging on the chair, and when they came back- it was GONE.....and there were people around, and still- these "people" managed to steal....Look around, and the best thing to do- leave valuables at your room.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    A lot of people have no clue about customer service. You are already stressed out that your bag with all the items in it were stolen. At least, she could have been more generous and make you feel better about this incident!

On another note: Did you take a pic of the hot cop? LOL
    At least, there was something to smile about during this whole ordeal!

First off, the three cops were very nice. There was a woman & two guys. But the one was cute. I'm sure they are disappointed. They got a cheap cellphone with about an hour of minutes. No charger. They got a first generation kindle, no charger. It also freezes up. And they got our licenses. But the car keys & house key was in there. They took that out & flung in the window of the car. We were at the other end where your car is right there. We were by the new palapas on Arashi. So they must have figured it was our car OR were watching us. So at least we could drive the car & get home, lol.

best part, hubby still on the beach. I'm more upset about nothing to read.

CK1
    Did you look thoroughly through your car (floor, between and behind seats etc) if by any chance they threw your driver licenses into the car as well?

Just hoping...

CK, the thing is. I had a pouch in there that had the keys. The licenses & phone was in a waterproof case at the bottom of the bag. They probably didn't find that til later. I'm glad we got the keys so we could drive & get in the house. There was a second key to the house. It had the # of our unit but not where it was located. It just said #90. The police said that could be just a street address or anything. There was nothing to indicate the street or complex. I have been on amazon & can't find the basic old kindle without the bells & whistles.

anyone have a kindle, can you tell me the model & pros & cons. Just want to read.....

I lost my kindle on the way home from Aruba- not sure if I left it in the first plane or if I lost it in the Baltimore airport but I deregistered it when I got home. I bought the cheapest one they sold- it was 48.00-has touch screen but no bells and whistles otherwise. It is the same exact one that my husband bought me for Christmas last year and I lost.

Is the license plate number on the car key? That may be how they found the car. I would hope so at least - the idea of someone watching me from the car to the beach with intent to steal my stuff freaks me out a bit.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

CK1
    Gaby, here is a list with Kindles. I don't know how long it would take to arrive in Aruba:

http://tools.unvisual.com/kindle/Aruba/

Is there anyone you could lend a Kindle from for the week your are staying in Aruba?

There are also some book stores in Aruba. Would that be an option?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast