Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Theft on Arashi

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    That just sucks that happened to you Gaby, hope you can enjoy the rest of your vacation.

I guess us leaving the top off the jeep but rolling up the windows, locking it and hiding the keys on the spare tire rack need to be rethought.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    That just sucks that happened to you Gaby, hope you can enjoy the rest of your vacation.

I guess us leaving the top off the jeep but rolling up the windows, locking it and hiding the keys on the spare tire rack need to be rethought.
    ...especially now that everyone reading this forum knows where to look for keys on Jeeps!!

You may want to check out ebay for a good used one that is like your old one if that makes you more comfortable. I have an old Barnes & Noble Nook (b&w - really old) and a Kindle Fire. I enjoy the apps and additional feature of the Fire, but still love my Nook for books.

I'm so sorry this all happened to you, but thank you for the reminder to photocopy/scan all my wallet contents. I used to do that once a year or so - just in case I lost anything, but haven't done it in a while!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Divi, which kindle did you get. I just want to read nothing else
    I have the kindle fire 2nd edition but also go on line with it etc. The one I just bought DH is the kindle paperwhite, can only use to download books. He loves it, read a book a day on vacation. It is also nicer to read in bed with the backlight, if you only want to use it for reading I would suggest this one.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Thanks Divi, I plan on getting that one. Without special offers, it's $139. I wonder if my old kindle charger would work on it or if I need to but another one. Anyone know?

Aruba since 1979
    the kindle does not come with a charger?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Thanks Divi, I plan on getting that one. Without special offers, it's $139. I wonder if my old kindle charger would work on it or if I need to but another one. Anyone know?

Aruba since 1979
    per amazon kindle $119 paperwhite model it comes with a charging cable ..... "Kindle Paperwhite, USB 2.0 charging cable and Quick Start Guide "

I purchased my charger separately but I notice on one of today's deals they were offering it as a bundle at a sale price.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Hi Gaby, I was so distraught to hear that this happened to you. It certainly is a way to tarnish your memories of your vacation. We usually take our vacation vault with us whenever we travel. It has really come in handy at the beach, in Aruba, and also when we cruise. However, the size is too small to hold all of our electronics, so we are now looking for something else to order for our next trip. I have the original kindle and a kindle fire. I love the older model for reading because it is back lit and so easy to see if I am sitting out in the sun at the beach or at the pool. I love the kindle fire for inside reading and for all of the online features. If you find that the one you ordered doesn't work as well in the sun as you hope, then I would also suggest looking on ebay. I take both to the beach, but my husband has been reading a lot on the oldest one, and I doubt that I will be able to pry it out of his hands! I hope that you can salvage what is left of your vacation, and begin to relax and enjoy your trip.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    The USB charger is to use in your computer. They don't come with a wall charger. You have to buy that separately.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast