Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Theft on Arashi

Aruba since 1979
    ya, that would suffice for me, but not for many others i am sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    The USB charger is to use in your computer. They don't come with a wall charger. You have to buy that separately.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Not me cause what would I do if I was away. Went to police station to pick up report so we have no problem here without a license.

Deregister the old kindle, and your library transfers to your new kindle. USB is sufficient for charging.

I recommend PacSafe products for your future security on the beach. Sorry this happened.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I did deregister today. When I get home I will order a paper white. I'll ask if my old charger works, if not I'll get a new charger. I need a wall charger if I'm away for 2 or so weeks & have no computer

Sorry to hear this. I know it's hard not to let this ruin your trip.

OMG, so sorry to hear that. I think I will jump on the vault today.
    + Reply to Thread
    I would be the one arrested if I caught someone touching our items. Theft makes me angry!

Whoa Gabby!! Really sorry to hear about the robbery. The items taken were just material and can be replaced( though I'm wondering why they would keep your driver's licence?). Hopefully this does not spoil the remainder of your stay on Aruba. Compared to incidents in the wider Caribbean, thankfully there was no bodily harm, but there is still that feeling of a violation of trust. Anyhow, as for the kindle you should check out the paper white one, as its just for reading and nothing else. Not sure if you ever thought about downloading the kindle app for your phone, laptop or tablet? I have my bases covered when it comes to my reading, I have the kindle, in addition to the program on my laptop and the app on my smartphone. I could not imagine lugging around so many books on my trips. Lugging around several books on one trip to the States lead to an interesting conversation with a fellow sci-fi and alternate history fan in Customs about our favorite authors. Hope that the remainder of your trip is a good one.
    Last edited by vallond; 12-08-2015 at 01:48 PM.

I would never take a tablet to the beach, like an iPad or android. And besides, reading on one sucks the battery life. That's why I got the kindle cause my tablet was constantly drained. Anyway, the consensus is the paper white.

I am sorry that happened as well Gaby. I agree with you ArubaMike, if I came across someone touching my stuff he best be ready for a brawl. I am not a violent person, BUT if you touch my stuff or my family, you will see a 200 pound monster appear right before your eyes

I just bought on amazon prime a masterlock 5900d, $16. Has a combo lock with a secure cable. It will not hold a tablet, but perfect for a few phones and a wallet.

A would give Aruba4ever a like, but its not available on my brand new nexus 5x phone. Go figure, might be my settings.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005K...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast