Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Theft on Arashi

We just return yesterday from the Holiday Inn and there were many more Security people walking around this year. Every morning I would go down around 7 and put my towels and beach bag under my hut around the pool and would return around 9. One morning when I returned, I looked on the table and did not see my Aruba beach bag (sun lotion, food and a cheap camera inside) was not on the table, instead I saw a large white plastic bag. I looked inside and there was my beach bag! One of the staff must of done that. How nice was that? Gaby, I am so sorry that happened. I also heard they have a problem with many Venezuelans that are homeless on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Tried the Vacation Vault and didn't like it. We use a PacSafe for Europe. Just bought a KYSS bag this year for Aruba and love it - has a combination lock/chain that goes around anything with ease and doubles as a beach bag and carry-on for the plane.

http://www.kyssbags.com/

Sorry this had to happen to you but at least the items are replaceable. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!
    Thanks for the tip! Mary's ordering one now.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    The only thing with the Kyss bag is couldn't someone with a knife or scissor just cut open the bag?
    Materials
    • Slash-Resistant 2-Layer Construction
    • Tough, Durable & Stain-Resistant Poly-Canvas Outer Shell
    • NEW & IMPROVED Rip-Stop Nylon Inner Liner
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    a bag grabber thief will not take the time to be seen messing with a bag, slashing and cutting it.

also too gaby is the fact that it cannot be a snatch and run

if the bag is attached to something and locked, the bag thief would have to spend lots of time with heavy duty bolt cutter thing to release the bag.

it is all about SPEED and being able to complete the crime in a split second.

i feel the kyss bag is perfect for your needs.
    we can fit 2 beach towels, 2 ipad minis, couple of water bottles and sunblock in the bag with ample room to spare

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    So, another tourist gets robbed. We met people on beach today, they come each year. Stay at la cabana, timeshare. Anyway, Tuesday they went to boca grande, parked, took a walk, came back & car window was smashed & all their stuff in trunk was gone. They had a handbag, credit cards, clothes cause they were going somewhere after. They've been coming here for 20 years. They called the police, who showed up a couple of hours later. They went to police station, filed, called Avis who bought another car over, called Credit companies. One of cops said oh, I saw a car with the trunk open. Her husband said and you don't investigate? If he did, he would have saw the smashed window.

they did give me an idea. Since the phone was on my Amex & she already charged me for the phone ( that didn't take long), they said Amex will reimburse you. They will remove the charge.

i'm telling you, Aruba has got to get it together. I know it's no different then everywhere else except the only difference is Aruba tries to pretend it doesn't happen here. They need to own up to it. Aruba is not as perfect as they want you to believe & they need to stop giving people a false of security.

anyway,mother other couple intends to tell it on TripAdvisor.

but today was gorgeous. And I'm going to get a Kyss bag.

Gaby, you have such a great attitude. My main reason for Aruba vacations is feeling safe. When that stops as it has in other places, I will just stay in the states. These people must be just waiting or following the Rental cars. I really do not like the V on the license plate. It just advertises that your a visitor. Your on vacation and let your guard down and there they are! I wonder if they will ever be caught? Probably not. It just leaves a bad taste!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Smoki, I don't think it would stop me from coming here. And it won't stop the other couple. They didn't know about the problems so they were shocked. We sort of knew there was "trouble in paradise" so to speak. My only concern is that an aware tourist is more diligent. Not everyone reads the forum. And a few of the dealers & cocktail waitresses we've gotten to know said it's getting worse. Even our security guard where we stay said that.

however, I am getting a Kyss bag. And I am DEFINITELY coming back to Aruba next year!!!

Newspaper

Our security guard said our robbery was in the paper. He also said another couple was robbed. That's the couple I mentioned in my other post. We made the news.

Aruba since 1979
    since newspaper is very much related to the existing thread, i merged newspaper into the exisiting thread
    Our security guard said our robbery was in the paper. He also said another couple was robbed. That's the couple I mentioned in my other post. We made the news.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Cool, well really not cool
    eould have been much nicer if it was something good; anniversary, ambassadorship.....
    im still so aggravated for you

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast