Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By arubabob
  • 1 Post By AndyM
  • 1 Post By burghboy
  • 1 Post By burghboy
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 3 Post By Edronenburg

Thread: Are There any Cruise Ships I Can Board in Aruba?

Are There any Cruise Ships I Can Board in Aruba?

Hi - my wife and I have a timeshare in Aruba during Week 6. With the crazy snow in Boston this year, we had an idea for the future: spending the week in Aruba, and then boarding a cruise ship for a week. I would not matter to us if it returned to Aruba, or finished the journey somewhere else. We would just fly home from there. Does anyone know if this is a possibility with any cruise line? If there is, the next step would be to ask if it visited a few of the Caribbean islands. Thanks, Dave.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by dbruno720 View Post
    Hi - my wife and I have a timeshare in Aruba during Week 6. With the crazy snow in Boston this year, we had an idea for the future: spending the week in Aruba, and then boarding a cruise ship for a week. I would not matter to us if it returned to Aruba, or finished the journey somewhere else. We would just fly home from there. Does anyone know if this is a possibility with any cruise line? If there is, the next step would be to ask if it visited a few of the Caribbean islands. Thanks, Dave.
    It might be possible to board a cruise ship in Aruba to finish that ships cruise destinations if they have empty cabins and are willing to sell you a ticket. You would not get a full 7 day cruise though, you would just finish that ships itinerary for the week. It might be a better idea to buy a week cruise that is departing from San Juan and fly to San Juan from Aruba then home from San Juan after the cruise. No cruises start in Aruba, many start in San Juan. Airlines will sell you 3 leg tickets. Home to Aruba, Aruba to San Juan and San Juan home or in reverse. The cruise we took from San Juan left port about 10pm on Saturday so plenty of time to get there.

I would look here:

http://www.arubaports.com/main/cruiseship-schedules/

And that would give you a sense of cruise lines that dock in Aruba. Then back track to the cruise line's site and see if you can embark mid-stream. You might lose a port or two prior to it arriving in Aruba.

Consider contacting some cruise lines and asking.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Now I do know there is a Pullmantur ship that sails out of Aruba, we've looked into it before. It does a South American route. Vacationstogo.com is a great search engine for finding out which cruises visit which places. You can select the date and pick a cruise port and they will tell you all of the ships that visit that port on sailings during that time frame.

Very easy to use but you do have to supply an email address. They can be kind of spammy. Nothing@nothing.com used to work just fine.
    Last edited by burghboy; 02-22-2015 at 02:01 PM.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    It might be possible to board a cruise ship in Aruba to finish that ships cruise destinations if they have empty cabins and are willing to sell you a ticket. You would not get a full 7 day cruise though, you would just finish that ships itinerary for the week. It might be a better idea to buy a week cruise that is departing from San Juan and fly to San Juan from Aruba then home from San Juan after the cruise. No cruises start in Aruba, many start in San Juan. Airlines will sell you 3 leg tickets. Home to Aruba, Aruba to San Juan and San Juan home or in reverse. The cruise we took from San Juan left port about 10pm on Saturday so plenty of time to get there.
    Love cruising out of San Juan. Very cool city. Actually now that I think about it the cruise where I first visited Aruba originated in San Juan.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.cruisecritic.com/cruiseto...cfm?depcity=14

i did a little digging and came up with WINDSTAR with the departure port of Aruba in May 2016

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    http://www.cruisecritic.com/cruiseto...cfm?depcity=14

i did a little digging and came up with WINDSTAR with the departure port of Aruba in May 2016
    When you go to the Check Prices tab, it comes back with no cruises found for this date.

It gives me such a sense of pride that people that discover this website...Aruba Forum...always get so much valuable information and suggestions. The forum members are a terrific; caring, and friendly group...it is and has been such a pleasure to be included among them. Hope you are able to arrange an extended vacation with a cruise...I, unfortunately, get sick just watching the water splash in my bathtub...

Good wishes and good health to you and yours,

Ed