Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chadd

Thread: Are There Outdoor Showers At Any Of The Beaches?

Are There Outdoor Showers At Any Of The Beaches?

One thing I love about Kauai is the convenience of an outdoor shower at the various beaches. You can rinse off, wash the salt out of your hair-it's great! Does any of the Aruba beaches have these? I thought I saw one at Oceania, but wondered about the other locations.

Aruba since 1979
    the only outdoor showers i have seen at the beaches, technically were at the entrance to or directly on the resort(s) property.

ex: where the sand and walkways meet, not far from the pool areas at the resorts.

i think one would actually have to step off the "pubic beach sand" and onto resort property to rinse. technically, those rinsing showers are on resort property.

i never noticed any at arashi, nor baby beaches.

The Surf Club has showers when you come off the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by stinky2 View Post
    One thing I love about Kauai is the convenience of an outdoor shower at the various beaches. You can rinse off, wash the salt out of your hair-it's great! Does any of the Aruba beaches have these? I thought I saw one at Oceania, but wondered about the other locations.
    If Oceania does have one, it's not ON the beach. It would be within their grounds entrance just like at the resorts.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I know, and that's where I believe I saw it near Oceania's pool-not on Eagle Beach which is across the street. But, I was wondering about the other beaches, or if it would be permissible for public use at any of the resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    If Oceania does have one, it's not ON the beach. It would be within their grounds entrance just like at the resorts.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>> "those rinsing showers are on resort property."
    ----- Think most resorts have them as they don't want you to carry sand into their pool area, beach bar, beach restaurant, .....

All seven of the resorts that we have stayed in on the island have beach side showers. The proximity of these showers to the beach is such that they are more on hotel property than the beach. It is a fine line so to speak in Aruba.

Like Amy said, highly doubtful that the Oceania has one on the beach because the beach is across the street from their property.

Either way, these are more for rinsing off convenience, not soap, shampoo and rinse...

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Either way, these are more for rinsing off convenience, not soap, shampoo and rinse...
    Evidently they frown on using them as a real shower in the middle of the afternoon. A little warning would have been nice.