Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: These cruise passengers need Aruba!

  1. #1
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,151

    These cruise passengers need Aruba!

    these folks need a nice Aruba vacation.

    can you imagine how scary this must have been ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-1QWWaRUZI

    i bet seasickness was rampant.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,593
    Its one of the many reasons you will never find me on a cruise ship. I won't go on any boat/ship that I could not swim to shore if I needed to....so ships are out!
    So scary....
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    these folks need a nice Aruba vacation.

    can you imagine how scary this must have been ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-1QWWaRUZI

    i bet seasickness was rampant.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,951
    We are cruising in March for a destination wedding. I keep reminding myself that no matter what happens we will be surrounded by good friends and will make it a good time. Videos like this one are not helping me convince myself.

  4. #4
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,151
    we have been on numerous cruises.
    tracey..NEVER did we ever encounter any of this type of cruise as shown.

    you and jon are boating people...i am sure that you will love it all!

    cruises and aruba land based vacations are apples vs oranges.
    i cannot compare.
    paul and i prefer aruba land based.

    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We are cruising in March for a destination wedding. I keep reminding myself that no matter what happens we will be surrounded by good friends and will make it a good time. Videos like this one are not helping me convince myself.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we have been on numerous cruises.
    tracey..NEVER did we ever encounter any of this type of cruise as shown.

    you and jon are boating people...i am sure that you will love it all!

    cruises and aruba land based vacations are apples vs oranges.
    i cannot compare.
    paul and i prefer aruba land based.
    We have cruised once and it wasn't a great experience, but many things contributed to that. It was a rocky ride and luckily neither of us have ever experienced sea sickness.

    We prefer Aruba land based vacations because we have no schedules, no lines, and plenty of beach time. On 2 separate occasions we have met friends/family who were on cruise ships in Aruba and both times they weren't ready to leave when it was time.

  6. #6
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,151
    i do not do well with schedules and lines.
    that is my big gripe with cruising.

    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We have cruised once and it wasn't a great experience, but many things contributed to that. It was a rocky ride and luckily neither of us have ever experienced sea sickness.

    We prefer Aruba land based vacations because we have no schedules, no lines, and plenty of beach time. On 2 separate occasions we have met friends/family who were on cruise ships in Aruba and both times they weren't ready to leave when it was time.

  7. #7
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    1,476
    Scary video!

    I bet the people with balcony cabins were scared to death but glad they all made it safe. I was on this ship in November 2017 NY to Bahamas and the weather was great! However, I would not recommend taking a cruise out of NY or Boston in December and even November is sometimes choppy. Years ago the ships leaving out of the Northeast were reposition to Florida or PuertoRico during the winter months but Norwegian tends to do cruises out of NY all year round.

    A few years ago, another Norwegian ship got caught in 30 foot wave and over 67 cabins were flooded. The water reached 7 stories or deck 10. There were warnings about bad weather out at sea but they still sailed away for New Years on 12/31.

  8. #8
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    4,531
    ....Yup... you'll never find me on a cruise..... for numerous reasons.... and this video is a new reason not to!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,593
    Great minds think alike

    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    ....Yup... you'll never find me on a cruise..... for numerous reasons.... and this video is a new reason not to!

  10. #10
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania
    Posts
    1,081
    I watched part of it and it is just scary. We've been on a few ocean/sea cruises and one river cruise. I'll take the river cruise over a ocean/sea cruise any day. Andrea, I too hate the lines, schedules and all the pushy, "me first" people. The Viking Rhine River Cruise-no waves, 196 people-adults(one or two teenagers) no kids, no long lines, mostly seasoned travelers with manners(accept the one our group of 10 labeled Chris Christie).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO