So here is a list of some things I'm going to do New Years week. I arrive the 30th so I'll see whomever is going there hopefully!
1. Fireworks at Ling and Sons on the 30th. Get there early because its a fun celebration. There are performers that sing on stage and maybe a booth or two that are selling alcohol. If I were you though I would park a little bit away and walk to stay out of the traffic. One year we parked in the mix of it all and it took us forever to get out!
2. They light off pagara downtown around noon on the 31st. It is a fun, loud celebration. All of the local businesses light off fireworks downtown. Also places like Mambo Jambo and others are a good time! My best friend will be dj'ing there(Mambo Jambo) so stop in and say hi to him!
3. Attend an all night New Years party. This year there are two I am thinking about attending. There is one that starts at 1am at Old Man and the Sea and goes till 7am. The cost is 200 florins for open bar all night long. Then the second one is at Chino Latino and Confessions. I am not sure the cost of the ticket but as I heard before its a two for one ticket and will include open bar. Again I'm not positive on the details as it is what I have heard. Most places have ticket sales in advance so if you are thinking about attending one you might want to get a ticket before hand.
4. Celebrate the countdown to midnight with friend's family in Aruba. In Aruba most families do the 5,4,3,2,1 with their own family. Then people tend to go out around 1ish to celebrate. In the morning groups go to buffets at different hotels and have brunch.
5. Have a local group sing the traditional New Years song to me. It is suppose to bring you good luck for the following year and chase away the bad spirits of the year before!
Those are just some suggestions and plans I have for Aruba! If you want to add some please feel free!