Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thinking about Aruba...

So my husband and I are thinking of taking a trip to either Negril, Jamaica or Aruba. Has anyone been to both that can recommend one over the other? A family member of ours has been to Jamaica and highly recommended it to us. They stayed at the Couples Resort Swept Away. Can anyone recommend anything for Aruba? Thanks for the help!

Amanda

Jamaica is nice on the resort, but not too safe off of it I'm afraid.
    Aruba is nice everywhere, you won't be disappointed

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Well, imop, aruba is far and away the better place to go...you are safe leaving your resort.
    What are you looking for in an island and what do you like to do...swim, sun, snorkel, dine, site see, shop, boating....give us some ideas b4 we recommend any places.

I have been to both my first impression and lasting impression is that Aruba is a home away from home there is a comfort about it, once you come to Aruba you will keep coming back, it is not a cliche it is one happy island. I will be back for the fifth time in two years in October.

Well we are looking for somewhere that we can RELAX and we want to go somewhere that it feels like a REAL vacation. We want to be stress free and just enjoy each other. We want to snorkle, swim, dine, and just have a nice time. I want to feel safe so that is one of my priorities too. We'd like to do some shopping while being there as well. Thanks for all the quick replies...sorry I didn't give much info!

Wow 5th time in two years? That's awesome...that has to say something!

Oh another thing do they have all inclusive resorts in Aruba? If so, have any of you all been to them? That's another thing we're looking for.

Hi ShawnandAmanda,

If you want all inclusive there are some resorts, like the RUI, The Divi, the Tamarjin, but I recommend not to due all inclusive in Aruba. Aruba as it as been said, its a safe island there are lots of nice restaurants to try from all over the World and its not has expensive if you take advantage of the Happy Hours specials, and discounts.

I love Jamaica also and been there lots of times, Negril and couples ar egreat properties, but if personally you want to feel safe, than Aruba is the home away from home.

Good luck in your decision.

Jarubian,

Thank you so much for the info. I will be sure to pass this along to my husband.

His brother who has been to Jamaica said he felt safe on the island for sure. So I'm torn right now, been looking up lots of info about Aruba and what it has to offer but I like to hear about it from people who have been there. This message board is great.

Thanks again!
    Amanda

Welcome ShawnandAmanda: Been to both Aruba is not even on the same page, 10 being high Aruba 15 Jamaica 2. In Jamaica you need to know exactly when & where you are, best advice stay at resort. On Aruba you can explore the island on your own and be safe(much to see) When you ask about staying AI or not there's always difference of opinion. We do AI at the Tamarijn or Divi which gives you of the the buffet, but also 10 restaurants and Windows on Aruba to chose from and that doesn't stop from going off site to eat, also depending on what or how much you drink, even soda's and ice tea cost if not AI.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast