Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Senior Member wildewoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    160

    Thinking Oct. 2010 ~ Our 2nd Trip!!

    We went to Aruba in May of 2008 & absolutley LOVED it!! We are now thinking of going again - in October of 2010.

    What will the weather be like in October? We will be staying at the Marriott Surf Club ~ which was fabulous last time we went & we're looking forward to staying there again. With the chikldren in school - I'm hoping the resort will not be too crowded.

    Anything we need to know before I book the week with the Marriott??

    Thanks so much!!
    Linda

  2. #2
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Hi Linda! Welcome back!

    October weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 83 F.
    Average water temperature 83 F.
    Average rainfall 2.60 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 13 mph

    The weather in May compared to October is about the same. A few more showers in October, but NOTHING to worry about. Mainly passing showers and overnight or early morning. It will also be slightly less windy than May.


    Aruba Music Festival Date: 09-Oct-2009 to 10-Oct-2009 http://www.aruba.com/OurPeoplePlaces/Events/8th_aruba_music_festival.aspx
    As far as I am aware, the line up for the festival has not yet been announced.

  3. #3
    Senior Member wildewoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    160
    Thanks Lisa!! Aruba really was one of the best vacations we have ever had. That is saying something - considering when we left Wayne had a horrible case of food poisoning when we got on the plane - but we woke up the next morning in Aruba & really enjoyed ourselves. I think returning to a place when you sort of "know it" is great fun!!

    Now we would feel comfortable renting a car for a day or 2 to shop & go to a few beaches - maybe back to the Flying Fish Bone - there is so much to do & only a little over a year to plan it all!!

    Is Bully still around - seeing him when we got off the plane with Wayne so ill was like seeing a great big angel!!

    Linda

  4. #4
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    It IS no small wonder that Aruba has such a high percentage of repeat visitors.

    Quote Originally Posted by wildewoman View Post
    Now we would feel comfortable renting a car for a day or 2 to shop & go to a few beaches - maybe back to the Flying Fish Bone - there is so much to do & only a little over a year to plan it all!!
    If you liked the FFB, check out these threads
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/old%20man%20and%20the%20sea.html Old Man & the Sea Restaurant
    reviews say it is even better than the FFB.

    Is Bully still around - seeing him when we got off the plane with Wayne so ill was like seeing a great big angel!!
    Linda
    Absolutely postively still around.

  5. #5
    Senior Member wildewoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    160
    Great minds think a like - I just found the Old Man & the Sea . . . now I'm looking for a snorkel or resort dive place?? Tell me who?

    if we snorkel - I think we'll go private - we did Jolly Pirate last year & LOVED it - but I'd like to spend more time in the water, less time waiting for folks to get in & out - just me!!

    What about a sun set sail - who should we pick??

    L

  6. #6
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post

    October weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 83 F.
    Average water temperature 83 F.
    Average rainfall 2.60 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 13 mph

    The weather in May compared to October is about the same. A few more showers in October, but NOTHING to worry about. Mainly passing showers and overnight or early morning. It will also be slightly less windy than May.

    .


    Lisa....would you please do a side by side comparison of weather in November and April for me?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  7. #7
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by wildewoman View Post
    Great minds think a like - I just found the Old Man & the Sea . . . now I'm looking for a snorkel or resort dive place?? Tell me who?

    if we snorkel - I think we'll go private - we did Jolly Pirate last year & LOVED it - but I'd like to spend more time in the water, less time waiting for folks to get in & out - just me!!

    What about a sun set sail - who should we pick??

    L
    For serious boat snorkeling, Tranquilo http://www.tranquiloaruba.com/. It is a long day though with the sailing included. All in all a nice relaxing day with snorkel stops in the totally opposite direction from where you snorkeled with Jolly Pirates. I wrote about our experience here. We will be sailing Tranquilo again this June.

    Some of the best snorkeling is reached by shore. You mentioned renting a car? I have written about our last snorkeling experiences here. As I mentioned there, http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/ABC/Aruba/index.htm is an excellent resource.

    For a Discover Scuba course, we used Aruba Watersports http://www.arubawatersportcenter.com/ for our 10 yo dd. Many here will recommend Unique Watersports. They and Red Sail are the two largest operators on the island. We were very happy with the personalized service we received and dd received one on one training and undivided attention of the dive instructor during the dive. They don't have big fancy boats, just inflatables, but we would not hesitate suggesting them. I wrote about her experience here.

    I don't remember, but if you are already certified, you may want to check out JADS. They receive excellent reviews. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147251-d673424-Reviews-JADS_Dive_Center-Sint_Nicolaas_Aruba.html

    Jolly Pirates and Tranquilo both do sunset cruises.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Lisa....would you please do a side by side comparison of weather in November and April for me?


    Warmer, but more showers and less wind= more time in the water floating...

    April weather
    Average high temperature 88 F.
    Average low temperature 77 F.
    Average temperature 81 F.
    Average water temperature 80 F.
    Average rainfall .50 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 18 mph

    November weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 78 F.
    Average temperature 82 F.
    Average water temperature 83 F.
    Average rainfall 3.10 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 13 mph

  8. #8
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post

    Warmer, but more showers and less wind= more time in the water floating...

    April weather

    Average rainfall .50 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 18 mph

    November weather

    Average rainfall 3.10 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 13 mph
    Hopefully, no serious rain.

    Thanks Lisa!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  9. #9
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Hopefully, no serious rain.

    Thanks Lisa!
    You are welcome.

    Let me say December is the rainy season also with 3.3 inches and I was really nervous when we went that year for Christmas. Between 12/23 - 1/3 it did rain every day, but it was in the form of showers and almost always early in the morning. The sun, all days but 2, was out by 10 a.m. The other 2 days were showery in the a.m. and then the sun peaked out in the afternoon.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    265
    Last Oct, there was over 15 inches of rain in about 3 weeks time.
    Tom & Karen

    Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO