Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thinking Oct. 2010 ~ Our 2nd Trip!!

We went to Aruba in May of 2008 & absolutley LOVED it!! We are now thinking of going again - in October of 2010.

What will the weather be like in October? We will be staying at the Marriott Surf Club ~ which was fabulous last time we went & we're looking forward to staying there again. With the chikldren in school - I'm hoping the resort will not be too crowded.

Anything we need to know before I book the week with the Marriott??

Thanks so much!!
    Linda

Hi Linda! Welcome back!

October weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 83 F.
    Average water temperature 83 F.
    Average rainfall 2.60 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 13 mph

The weather in May compared to October is about the same. A few more showers in October, but NOTHING to worry about. Mainly passing showers and overnight or early morning. It will also be slightly less windy than May.

Aruba Music Festival Date: 09-Oct-2009 to 10-Oct-2009 http://www.aruba.com/OurPeoplePlaces/Events/8th_aruba_music_festival.aspx
    As far as I am aware, the line up for the festival has not yet been announced.

Thanks Lisa!! Aruba really was one of the best vacations we have ever had. That is saying something - considering when we left Wayne had a horrible case of food poisoning when we got on the plane - but we woke up the next morning in Aruba & really enjoyed ourselves. I think returning to a place when you sort of "know it" is great fun!!

Now we would feel comfortable renting a car for a day or 2 to shop & go to a few beaches - maybe back to the Flying Fish Bone - there is so much to do & only a little over a year to plan it all!!

Is Bully still around - seeing him when we got off the plane with Wayne so ill was like seeing a great big angel!!

Linda

It IS no small wonder that Aruba has such a high percentage of repeat visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by wildewoman View Post
    Now we would feel comfortable renting a car for a day or 2 to shop & go to a few beaches - maybe back to the Flying Fish Bone - there is so much to do & only a little over a year to plan it all!!
    If you liked the FFB, check out these threads
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/old%20man%20and%20the%20sea.html Old Man & the Sea Restaurant
    reviews say it is even better than the FFB.

Is Bully still around - seeing him when we got off the plane with Wayne so ill was like seeing a great big angel!!
    Linda
    Absolutely postively still around.

Great minds think a like - I just found the Old Man & the Sea . . . now I'm looking for a snorkel or resort dive place?? Tell me who?

if we snorkel - I think we'll go private - we did Jolly Pirate last year & LOVED it - but I'd like to spend more time in the water, less time waiting for folks to get in & out - just me!!

What about a sun set sail - who should we pick??

L

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post

October weather
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 83 F.
    Average rainfall 2.60 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 13 mph

The weather in May compared to October is about the same. A few more showers in October, but NOTHING to worry about. Mainly passing showers and overnight or early morning. It will also be slightly less windy than May.

Lisa....would you please do a side by side comparison of weather in November and April for me?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by wildewoman View Post
    Great minds think a like - I just found the Old Man & the Sea . . . now I'm looking for a snorkel or resort dive place?? Tell me who?

if we snorkel - I think we'll go private - we did Jolly Pirate last year & LOVED it - but I'd like to spend more time in the water, less time waiting for folks to get in & out - just me!!

What about a sun set sail - who should we pick??

L
    For serious boat snorkeling, Tranquilo http://www.tranquiloaruba.com/. It is a long day though with the sailing included. All in all a nice relaxing day with snorkel stops in the totally opposite direction from where you snorkeled with Jolly Pirates. I wrote about our experience here. We will be sailing Tranquilo again this June.

Some of the best snorkeling is reached by shore. You mentioned renting a car? I have written about our last snorkeling experiences here. As I mentioned there, http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/ABC/Aruba/index.htm is an excellent resource.

For a Discover Scuba course, we used Aruba Watersports http://www.arubawatersportcenter.com/ for our 10 yo dd. Many here will recommend Unique Watersports. They and Red Sail are the two largest operators on the island. We were very happy with the personalized service we received and dd received one on one training and undivided attention of the dive instructor during the dive. They don't have big fancy boats, just inflatables, but we would not hesitate suggesting them. I wrote about her experience here.

I don't remember, but if you are already certified, you may want to check out JADS. They receive excellent reviews. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147251-d673424-Reviews-JADS_Dive_Center-Sint_Nicolaas_Aruba.html

Jolly Pirates and Tranquilo both do sunset cruises.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Lisa....would you please do a side by side comparison of weather in November and April for me?

Warmer, but more showers and less wind= more time in the water floating...

April weather
    Average high temperature 88 F.
    Average low temperature 77 F.
    Average temperature 81 F.
    Average water temperature 80 F.
    Average rainfall .50 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 18 mph

November weather
    Average low temperature 78 F.
    Average temperature 82 F.
    Average rainfall 3.10 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 13 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post

Warmer, but more showers and less wind= more time in the water floating...

April weather

Average rainfall .50 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 18 mph

November weather

Average rainfall 3.10 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 13 mph
    Hopefully, no serious rain.

Thanks Lisa!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Hopefully, no serious rain.

Thanks Lisa!
    You are welcome.

Let me say December is the rainy season also with 3.3 inches and I was really nervous when we went that year for Christmas. Between 12/23 - 1/3 it did rain every day, but it was in the form of showers and almost always early in the morning. The sun, all days but 2, was out by 10 a.m. The other 2 days were showery in the a.m. and then the sun peaked out in the afternoon.

Last Oct, there was over 15 inches of rain in about 3 weeks time.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast