Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Time in Aruba?

Time in Aruba?

I am looking at the webcams
    http://www.setar.aw/index.php?option...442&Itemid=480
    I am noticing the time is one hour ahead of Eastern time.

Is there a time difference in Aruba?

Aruba is on Atlantic Standard Time, which is the same as Eastern Daylight Saving Time.

The time in Aruba will be the same time as the East Coast while we are on Daylight Saving Time. In the fall when we turn our clocks back, Aruba will be one hour ahead of the East Coast time.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

whew- thank you for posting

I was getting worried since I was making reservations based on my time here.

I guess when they turn the clocks they do not fix the time on the web cams

Aruba since 1979
    the web cam time remains the same.

When you fly, the time of arrival is ALWAYS the time that it will be at the destination.

When you depart, your ticket will have the arrival time in Aruba as actual time it WILL BE in Aruba.
    Upon departing for home your ticket will have a departure time of actual time in Aruba and arrival time at your final destination as your actual time at that destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    When you fly, the time of arrival is ALWAYS the time that it will be at the destination.

When you depart, your ticket will have the arrival time in Aruba as actual time it WILL BE in Aruba.
    Upon departing for home your ticket will have a departure time of actual time in Aruba and arrival time at your final destination as your actual time at that destination.

awesome- I never knew that-- but would think common sense woulda kicked in if I needed it

Arrow It is coming up upon that time of year again...

Our Time Zone
    "Aruba is on Atlantic Standard Time year-round.

This is one hour later than in the northeastern United States when the clocks there are turned back in the fall for Daylight Savings Time.

When the clocks are moved forward in the spring, Aruba has the same time."

So, as of Sunday November 6, Aruba will be one hour ahead of the northeastern U.S.
    For example, 10 am in Aruba will be 9 am in New York City.

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    the aruba webcam times never change because they are wiser than we are and never change the time.