Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Time to get thru customs etc when LEAVING Aruba

I am a little concerned/confused about various posts (not all here) I've read about the length of time to get thru customs/immigration etc. I know in MEXICO they tell you to be there 3 hrs ahead and you still usually have time to eat/shop (mostly!). But a recent trip report on this board said they got dropped off 3 hours ahead but barely made the flight.

so my Q to you is (ok more than 1 Q):
    - How far in advance of flight did you get dropped off at airport?
    - how long did it actually take you from dropoff to GATE?

I remember the whole procedure being particularly confusing due to US customs also being there.

- any real issues you would like to see changed?

My feeling is that since I am personally leaving on a Sunday (sep 28) I likely will have more 'issues' than mid-week. I know that time of year has a lot to do, and also which airline. I understand that jet blue lines are not particularly long.

Thanks for all your help.

If you are flying Jet Blue - the lines are not long to check in however remember that ALL the airlines go through the same immigration and customs lines. American lines are usually very long. Saturdays and Sundays are particularly busy days. 3 hours is sufficient to get through check-in, immigration and customs. If you are lucky, you could get through it all in an hour but depending on the time you are leaving, it could take much longer. Better to get there with 3 hours and not feel pannicked that you might not make your flight. Enjoy your stay in Aruba....Cheryl

mrk
    I usually leave on a friday, and the later in the day that your flight is, the more time you should give yourself to get through. For example, if you have a 2:00 flight, 2hours might be enough time, but for a 5 o flight, the airport will be more crowded and you relaly should give yourself 2 1/2- 3 hours. I would say summer travel will be less crowded than winter, with fewer cancelled/delayed flights to worry about and therefore 2 hours should be enough time.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    3-3.5 hours is what we give ourselves....and let me tell you, i am thankful we do it every year. I HATE the lines.

3-3.5 hours. it's pretty crowded on the weekends so prepare yourself.
    Miss ArubaShanty

It depends on the time of year and the day of week. We go to Aruba in April and Sept. every year. There are alot more flights in April so we give ourselves 3 hours if we're flying out on the weekend. In Sept. we usually fly out on a Saturday (this year it will be Sun. the 28th) and we give ourselves at least 2 hours. You don't need the full 3 hours in Sept. because there are less flights.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

We're flying back on a Friday in September. I'm thinking 3 hours should be good, don't you? We are flying Delta to Atlanta.
    Can't wait for September 2008 - Our first trip to Aruba!

We come back on Saturday and it takes between two and a half to three hours.Last year we went through in about one and a half hours.

I always allow for 3. I have been through in as little as 1hr., but on average it's @ 2. Like others have said, depends on the day, time of day, season, etc. I think as they've modified and expanded it has gotten better (more efficient), but still, I would plan for 3.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    ya know, we allow for the 3-3.5, but, if we get thru faster there are some great shops to catch the last minute stuff you want to buy. There is also the duty free stores but NOT a lot of eatteries(IMOP).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast