Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: timeshares

timeshares

We went to Aruba last year for the first time. Absolutely loved it ! The people, beaches and food are awesome !
    The only thing we found extremely annoying were sales people pushing timeshares. While relaxing on the beach we were solicited . I mean come on. We're on the beach. If I'm interested in a time share I'll contact you.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

many share the same thoughts re: timeshare salespeople

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    We went to Aruba last year for the first time. Absolutely loved it ! The people, beaches and food are awesome !
    The only thing we found extremely annoying were sales people pushing timeshares. While relaxing on the beach we were solicited . I mean come on. We're on the beach. If I'm interested in a time share I'll contact you.

We have been approached several times but we usually just say no thank you and they move on. Body language and lack of eye contact can go a long way in expressing your lack of interest. I'm not saying be rude, but I will usually say no thank you and then look away. Also I found that if I just avoided eye contact when I saw they coming, they would often skip over us. We have also told persistent salespeople that we don't want to spend a day away from the beach for their presentation. I didn't find this too annoying. Just remember, this is a job for these sales people, they are trying to make a living.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

In 2000, on our first ever visit to Aruba, we were approached on the beach. We went to a timeshare presentation, bought one week and followed with a second week a couple of years later. We've been back every year since and don't have any complaints.

I just politely tell them that we have been to the island over 20 times and if we have not bought a timeshare yet, chances are pretty darn good we NEVER will. Adding that we will be there for the next "x" number of days, so they can save themselves the trouble of asking each time they are working the beach. Works like a charm and then in successive days they smile and wave as they walk past.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I had encountered some timeshare sales persons as well. Usually, we chat a little and I explain, I'm not a candidate for timeshare as I never know when I will come back to Aruba. Or I joke around and say, I'm poor like a church mouse! LOL We depart laughing and the next time they see me, they remember, laugh and wave. And all is well.

Funny, in all the years going to Aruba we have only been approached once and it was on our first visit that was not a cruise (first time was, and that was why we went back for a week the next year).
    I remember telling my Dh that if we get approached by a TS person we are going to go on the tour and buy one because I had pretty much fallen in love with the island on my one day there the year before......We actually we approached by the submarine ride place by a rep for Divi.....and yes, we bought. The next 2 TS's I bought were over the internet....cheap cheap cheap.....and have been going every year since for 2-3 weeks !!!!

On a final note, I do agree with Tracey that it is their job and they are only trying to make a living, so smile and just say no thank you !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    we always say "thanks, but no thanks......we have more timeshare than brains!"
    i find the ones from Bluegreen the most "pushy"

this is only island we actually never were approach by salespeople at all and love it.

[QUOTE=Andrea J.;249696]we always say "thanks, but no thanks......we have more timeshare than brains!"

Andrea,
    I have to say I agree with you 100%---more timeshares than brains !!!! At least that is what I think everytime I have to pay the yearly maintenance fees....but then we get to Aruba and I remember why I have no brains and all is good !!!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast