Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tipping

West Deck in the afternoon
    We stay at the Divi AI so at breakfast I generally give a few dollars to the gentlemen who cooks my eggs. When we have dinner at the buffet restaurants we leave a few dollars for the wait staff who clear our dishes and makes sure our wine glasses our full. DH spends a fair amount of time at the beach bar and his practice is to put a 10 on the bar when he first sits down and ask that his glass never be empty.

Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    I had a new experience related to the 15% service charge this year.

We were having lunch at the Tiki Bar & Grill at Paradise Beach, our timeshare. The waitress brought the bill and told us to please leave the tip on the table rather than adding it to the check because it takes them a long time to get their money. That seemed OK until I looked at the check and saw the 15% service charge. I left a 5% tip on the table.

i stay at the occidental, very familiar with hotel, and staff.
    when our extended family travels with us, my advice too them, breakfast at least 3 to 5 bucks, lunch 5.00, dinner minimum 10 dollars, bellhop 10 bucks.
    many at the resort are contract workers and their pay is less than someone employed at the hotel.
    tipping well always pays off. they work extremely hard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12