Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tipping Club Level employees question

Tipping Club Level employees question

Hello All,

We are having a blast at the Ritz (as many of you already know) and are staying on the club level. We have eaten every breakfast, and lunch with them...they also served us each night as well for at least drinks. How do you tip when leaving? We have stayed at the Radisson club level and gave a small amount to a few people who made it nice for us but I am not really sure how to approach tipping here...

Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    how many folks are we talking about?

i tihnk if it were me, i would probably go with $50 to $75 .

also too the childcare staff.

and...i would have your son draw a couple of nice thank you cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Hello All,

We are having a blast at the Ritz (as many of you already know) and are staying on the club level. We have eaten every breakfast, and lunch with them...they also served us each night as well for at least drinks. How do you tip when leaving? We have stayed at the Radisson club level and gave a small amount to a few people w ho made it nice for us but I am not really sure how to approach tipping here...

Thanks.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    This is what I would do:

Be generous.

You have been upgraded to the club level (for free). The staff have treated you and your family exceptionally well. They made your vacation so much more enjoyable and memorable! This by itself is priceless!

To put a number: 20% from what you and your family consumed. JMO.
    Last edited by CK1; 02-19-2016 at 02:59 PM.

CK1- Thanks for your post, you don't have to worry about me paying anything forward....I posted and did not ask for credit, but thanks.

Andrea, at the Radisson we have $25 to each of the people that made our trip special, so we are thinking the same things. I always tip 25% at the kids club (they treat him great) and give them $20 a piece as well at the end of our stay.

I always reward people for great service. The Ritz rewards us because we have spent a small fortune since April- We have been here a total of 4 weeks since then. I will reward the employees for sure, they make me come back.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 02-19-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    that sounds very reasonable.
    i was making a guess with the amounts.

re: the paying it forward

my husband and i donated.
    many fine folks have donated.
    no one should be singled out and asked to donate or pay it forward.
    i am shocked that this happened to you on this forum.
    unacceptable imo.
    i have asked tht comment to be edited out.
    Andrea, at the Radisson we have $25 to each of the people that made our trip special, so we are thinking the same things. I always tip 25% at the kids club (they treat him great) and give them $20 a piece as well at the end of our stay.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I am very thankful for everything I have in life and don't feel like I got it for free...loyal customers etc... I actually feel like this was a bit of a personal attack the more I read your posting- I always do the right thing, or try to and that is why I asked for help.
    Sorry you took it that way, Aruba4ever. Not meant at all to be as you interpret it.

From my own experience, I surprised some people who made my vacation very special and memorable. When I think back, it still makes my smile and happy. This is what I tried to convey in my post.

No worries CK1- I retyped my post after sending it. I am not offended. I always try to do the right thing by helping others-

My 25 was to each person around the grounds, which amounts from 4-8 people on a typical trip. We only did the plaza club once at the Radisson and it was not nearly the same type of food or experience. We left the radisson staff a lump sum of $125 to split...there was 3 or 4 ladies we would typically see there.

I think your $50-75 is accurate for each, thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast