Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's your choice when and where to tip, it is my understanding that all the bell hops pool together, as 1 might be busy(with some one else) who first helped you so another will step in to service all guest in a timely manner.

Thanks for the tips... pardon the pun.

What about housekeeping?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandykins View Post
    Thanks for the tips... pardon the pun.

What about housekeeping?

Even at AI's I tip. And the way I usually do it is as soon as I get there and see either the housekeeper or the bartenders, they get tipped. I make sure that my family is with me when I tip the bartenders so that they can see who is with me. I have found that the tipping of the bartender is the best bang for your buck. I have had times where I tipped when I got there, now the bartender knew me. I would go up to the bar which was pretty busy, he would see me and immediately take care of me, and already knowing what 4 drinks I wanted. That is service in my book. That guy got another tip when we left!

The housekeeper I will try to get the first day also, this usually just secures the fact that we will have towels and such at all times.

The bellhops, I will tip some for bringing my bags up.

The wait staff, all depends on the service. For a buffet, i will usually drop a few bucks when we leave.
    Decided to take down my timer!

I bring 100-150 for the week if staying at an all inclusive. Always take care of the maid the make your stay very comfortable, a few buck to the bartender a day as well. More importanly be genuily appreciative and kind you will be treated very well.

On housekeeping we usually do $5 a day, make sure you leave a note that it is for them(if you don't see them) otherwise 99.9% won't take it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12