Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: tipping the maid

Aruba since 1979
    We have had much better housekeeping services at lacabana than you experienced.
    That is unfortunate indeed that your floors did not get cleaned properly. Crumbs on floor is an invitation for bugs ��

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    I guess we're not most people then. LOL!! We travel for business alot and our tip per day for the maid is usually no more than $3/night - this is for a regular hotel room in your typical Marriott....
    Rest reassure $3 per night is probably what most people would give for a regular hotel room, but for taking care of something more like a small condo plus washing some dishes like mine does, I think it does worth a little more, but like anything else it depends on the quality of the job...
    Pierre

We always tip housekeeping.As well as ALL the bartenders and we even tip our servers at breakfast lunch and dinner.Shoot we even tip the person who seats us for breakfast.

I have been reading on tripadvisor that some hotels add tips for housekeeping on your bill. Just wondering g what people's thoughts are on that.

Aruba since 1979
    my thoughts are.......do the housekeepers ever receive it if it is on the bill.
    do any of the aruba hotels/resorts add in a daily housekeeping tip on their bill?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I have been reading on tripadvisor that some hotels add tips for housekeeping on your bill. Just wondering g what people's thoughts are on that.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I feel the same way about this as I do for waiters/waitresses sharing tips at restaurants. I would rather tip housekeeping and waitstaff on my own. This way you can tip according to the service you receive. While in Aruba Divi AL we tip the maid daily $5, by leaving her tip for her daily I do not feel bad asking for her to do our room early morning and she usually is nice enough to do so. Although I must admit half the time my husband has to chase her down the hall to take her money, even though I leave it for her with her name on it (lol). We also like to tip bartenders, restaurant staff etc. as they are all so nice

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    my thoughts are.......do the housekeepers ever receive it if it is on the bill.
    do any of the aruba hotels/resorts add in a daily housekeeping tip on their bill?
    There are a few posts that say the Radisson puts a $10 tip for the bellhop and a $4 daily housekeeping tip on the bill. I was kind of surprised and my preference is to tip the staff directly. Some posters have indicated that they ask the front desk to remove it.

i can't stand when people stiff workers, this past january wedding party of 30, didn't tip one dime to any of the bellhops.
    these are grown men, not 16 year old kids!! if the radisson pays the staff the money, i'm in favor....

We stay at Divi and do not ask for the additional maid service during the week so we only get our room cleaned once...on Thursday (I am sure it's in preparation for the next group coming on Sunday).
    The maid does come in and empty the garbage baskets in all the rooms and switches out towels everyday though. I am neurotic so the TS stays pretty clean anyway.I pick up after everyone all week, to the point of folding their stuff and placing it in their rooms (I know, crazy...)...That being said, We leave 20 if its a studio and about 30-40 if its a 1bdr or 2bdr....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    We have 2 rooms at our timeshare and we stay for 2 weeks. The cleaning lady comes daily only to make beds, change towels and dump garbage. They come on Wednesday and Saturdays to do "thorough" cleanings which entail cleaning floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, etc. We leave her $100.00.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast