Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 3 beaches

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    what some of us think as odd (renaissance...chairs to baby beach) is really cool!
    I agree it's just that it is a small world or island I should say....

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    It is awesome that renaissance/marriott decided that their beach lounge chairs be put to good use and given a 2nd life
    I agree whole heartedly.....At least they didn't end up on a landfill on the island somewhere.....recycle, recycle, recycle !!!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Also a long, long time since we've been to Baby Beach and intend to go this trip.
    I've heard there is a snack bar -- what actually is available to buy?
    I'm thinking we're better off playing it safe -- packing a lunch, snacks, drinks ... towels and plenty of sunscreen!!
    How early should we arrive midweek during February to at least be able to find an area with a little bit of shade? My dad really shouldn't be in the sun .... the rest of us are troopers and will bake without complaint!

Aruba since 1979
    i would say if you get there b4 10 am midweek you will be fine.
    except if it is president's week (3rd week of feb?) i would say get there by 9 or 9:30

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaIs4Me View Post
    Also a long, long time since we've been to Baby Beach and intend to go this trip.
    I've heard there is a snack bar -- what actually is available to buy?
    I'm thinking we're better off playing it safe -- packing a lunch, snacks, drinks ... towels and plenty of sunscreen!!
    How early should we arrive midweek during February to at least be able to find an area with a little bit of shade? My dad really shouldn't be in the sun .... the rest of us are troopers and will bake without complaint!

Everywhere! Love to just drive around and explore.
    Do they still charge for the chairs? If so, does anyone know how much? I know a few years ago they charged for the chairs, shade huts and floats. Is this still the case?? Thanks 2 more sleeps and we're there.

North Side of the island, we spend a day there alone and maybe see 4 people.
    They did the last week of September, and they also sold some of the beer in glass bottles and the vacationers were out in the water with beer bottles, it was a shame to see. I am not sure on the price but it seems they wanted $60 for the day...

clg

Cool Getting to Baby Beach

I was interested in the latest news about Baby Beach since we have not been there in 5-6 years. We use public transportation in ARuba which is not feasible for getting from the High Rise Area to Baby Beach...anyone know @ how much a taxi fare would be to get to the beach ? Thank you.

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    Were just there last week-yes they charge for the chairs, don't know how much but I can ask my father. We had a rental car so I don't know the taxi fare. They do have large nice palapas there now so get there early if you want one. The current was pretty strong for snorkeling, too strong for my sister & I to snorkel but the guys had an ok time with it.

We actually just came back from there. Was amazed at how clean it is, many palapas. We left at about 1:30 which seemed to be a good time because the tour bus just got there filled with people. Loved it and we will be returning this week again. Glad to see this place is being taken care of. There are two type of lawn chairs to rent. one is 6.00 for day and the other is 8.00 per day. if all palapas are taken they rent out big yellow umbrellas which are 31.00/day.

Taxi from the high rise? It would be a lot less to just rent a car for a day!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast