Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: The Top Three Memories From Your First Visit To Aruba.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    1. Beautiful beach, friendly people and bar stools in a pool (really)??? Felt like I was on a Flintstone seat

2. Delicious Filet Mignon inlcuded in AI (was ALLEGRO At the time) could not get over how good it was.

3. So sad to leave, never wanted to return to an island so badly (By the way this just never goes away). Cashier in gift shop on last day insisted I come back some time for NY Eve and described how it is such a huge event. Never made NY Eve, did however go on one Christmas Eve for my b-day. The rest is history, now we return each November and never even think of going anywhere else.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    First visit was via cruise ship.

1. The color of the water and texture of the sand. It was one of those special days that the water is that really intense turquoise blue, even more than the usual. The sand also felt so unbelievably soft I thought I was walking on a cloud.

2. How hot the sun was. I guess I'm used to it now but that first trip down I realized what it must feel like to be an ant being burned by a magnifying glass.

3. Carlos and Charlie's being the last stop on the Kukoo Kanukoo. Our ship was set to depart at 1am. At like 12:30 we stumbled back with about 200 other passengers... barely made it. We must have looked like a zombie herd from the Walking Dead.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Same here cruise ship 11 years ago.
    never felt the love for any of the other Caribean Islands. But Aruba felt like home.
    Bon Bini.Welcome so true..
    A day that was it. Aruban people. Beach. Sea shops ..everthing......over so fast could not wait to come back.
    And here we all are Moon struck .
    http://www.homeaway.com/4118789
    Please visit our Homeaway site.
    Our lovely Aruba home is available for rent.

The climate, white sand, blue water and the people. Crap, that's four things. Impossible to say just three things. My bad
    Last edited by schexc; 06-25-2016 at 09:39 PM.
    Trip #13 Coming Up Next In October.

THE ARUBA PEARL. OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT.
    https://youtu.be/hfk7YBj3Z1k

Aruba since 1979
    I am enjoying reading everyone's responses.

Me too..

Memories are made if this..... or these
    http://www.homeaway.com/4118789
    Please visit our Homeaway site.
    Our lovely Aruba home is available for rent.

One thing that still stands out from all my visits, especially when I have to take the shuttle bus from the aircraft to the terminal building, is the smell of jet fumes and baked concrete. That is the very same smell that I grew up around when visiting my dad on Tobago; it was a reminder that I was home. That smell reminds me of home, which is why Aruba feels like home.

1) I stayed at a house on Belgiestaat. One evening after dinner and getting late, we listened to old Aruban ghost stories It was sooo much fun, we still do this at least once each visit. Depending on who was telling the story, some were mostly in Papiamento, and those were the scariest, even though I had little clue what was being said. They just sounded more intense - everything else was silent, except the wind, and noises in the house - I'm getting chills now.

2) My first tour of the island visiting Hooiberg for the first stop

3) The first experience of Aruba's unique characteristics - cool breeze, sounds, the volcanic desert - Caribbean sights. It hit's me as soon as I grab my bags off the belt and walk outside

1. Walking to the door of the airplane and feeling that trade wind blowing for the first time. I remember walking down the stairs thinking "this is going to take some time to get used to". About the same amount of time it took to get used to drinking Amstel---about a nanosecond.
    2. Walking into our room at the Renaissance (then Sonesta Suites), opening the curtain, and seeing the ocean right in front of our nose. We went to the Sonesta on an Interval trade and lucked out and had a third floor direct oceanfront room. Those crafty hoteliers knew exactly what they were doing as we have been back every year since (19 years) and now own three weeks.
    3. Brown milk!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast