Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: The Top Three Memories From Your First Visit To Aruba.

Aruba since 1979
    omgosh yes, the almost brown (not close to being white) milk.

did it used to come in a can or a carton? i cannot remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by moneytalks View Post
    1. Walking to the door of the airplane and feeling that trade wind blowing for the first time. I remember walking down the stairs thinking "this is going to take some time to get used to". About the same amount of time it took to get used to drinking Amstel---about a nanosecond.
    2. Walking into our room at the Renaissance (then Sonesta Suites), opening the curtain, and seeing the ocean right in front of our nose. We went to the Sonesta on an Interval trade and lucked out and had a third floor direct oceanfront room. Those crafty hoteliers knew exactly what they were doing as we have been back every year since (19 years) and now own three weeks.
    3. Brown milk!

Milk sitting out on the table, I was SO grossed out!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Boca Catalina Baby beach Eagle beach Mango Halto
    This is easy, Sept '89 , the picture that was taken at the airport after you come in from the tarmac and picked up the following week or so on your way home, and after that not much else as on our very first morning my DW split open both her feet requiring stiches in both feet and our honeymoon was spent between the Oduber(sp) Hospital and our room at the Divi (not so much a problem) which is why we returned two years later to make up for missed memories.

Aruba since 1979
    OUCH..how did she cut up her feet?
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_t View Post
    This is easy, Sept '89 , the picture that was taken at the airport after you come in from the tarmac and picked up the following week or so on your way home, and after that not much else as on our very first morning my DW split open both her feet requiring stiches in both feet and our honeymoon was spent between the Oduber(sp) Hospital and our room at the Divi (not so much a problem) which is why we returned two years later to make up for missed memories.

Boca Catalina Baby beach Eagle beach Mango Halto
    To make a very long story short, apparently there was an old pier just by the rocks at the end of the Divi Divi and had been removed, but below the water line and sticking out of the sand were pieces of metal pilings which came up to a very sharp point, we had been in the water for about ten seconds when my wife yelled and said something bit her. She raised her foot and was bleeding profusely, while showing me this she shifted and yelled again and now her other foot was cut badly. We had no idea what it could have been, later in the week when she could finally walk, we took a trip to Charlie's Bar and a local told us about a pier there which had been removed, sure enough the next morning I went into the water, felt around and found this metal piling sticking out of the sand, had the Divi staff remove it (but took a couple of photos of it first). That was why we spent the majority of our honeymoon (and most of the cash we brought) at the hospital.

Aruba since 1979
    that is terrible.

i had a friend that was injured as well on that old pier.
    (the pier was still standing) she fell and injured herself, thankfully not as badly as your wife's injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_t View Post
    To make a very long story short, apparently there was an old pier just by the rocks at the end of the Divi Divi and had been removed, but below the water line and sticking out of the sand were pieces of metal pilings which came up to a very sharp point, we had been in the water for about ten seconds when my wife yelled and said something bit her. She raised her foot and was bleeding profusely, while showing me this she shifted and yelled again and now her other foot was cut badly. We had no idea what it could have been, later in the week when she could finally walk, we took a trip to Charlie's Bar and a local told us about a pier there which had been removed, sure enough the next morning I went into the water, felt around and found this metal piling sticking out of the sand, had the Divi staff remove it (but took a couple of photos of it first). That was why we spent the majority of our honeymoon (and most of the cash we brought) at the hospital.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234