Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Aruba since 1979

TRANQUILO "STOLEN and then RECOVERED"

Per Capt Anthony.

SOMEONE stole the Tranquilo.......took it for a joy ride.
    Was found, as was the alleged thief.

Tranquilo in dry dock for the insurance folks and police to finish their work and then probably will remain out of service for 2 weeks for repairs.

Anthony is very angry.

Aruba since 1979
    tranquilo
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Per Capt Anthony.

SOMEONE stole the Tranquilo.......took it for a joy ride.
    Was found, as was the alleged thief.

Tranquilo in dry dock for the insurance folks and police to finish their work and then probably will remain out of service for 2 weeks for repairs.

Anthony is very angry.

here is his facebook posting!
    "Tranquilo Charters Aruba Apparently there was a group, or individual (not confirmed yet) that decided to take her for a spin. When I was notified of this, I found the boat, back on its mooring with engine running and a visitor from the USA on board. The guy who took the boat was at Bugaloe bar drunk out of his mind. We took the boat to the Renaissance Marina in Oranjestad for damage control. Visible damage to the topsides (cosmetic) on the starboard side were imediately visible.
    One of her anchor lines was pulled into the propeller causing extensive damage to the drive train including the propeller shaft, engine mounds, shaft strut and possibly transmission and V-Drive.
    34 minutes ago Like

Tranquilo Charters Aruba All trips have been cancelled until further notice and the boat will be in dry-dock tomorrow morning for insurance and surveyors to inspect. We will be out of commission for the next two weeks to come. The case is being investigated by local police (God help me)!
    32 minutes ago Like
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Anthony is very angry.
    Understandably so Hopefully the engine damage is not as bad as it sounds.

Very sad indeed...

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    What kind of IDIOT would do a thing like that, honestly...some people are JERKS ! Throw the person in that jail..

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    IDIOT,yes! DRUNK, most likely!

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    Disgraceful! I hope the repairs are completely quickly. Best of luck to Captain Anthony.

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Hopefully the Idiot can't get off the island until the cost of repairing the boat has been settled. Its amazing how stupid people can be.

Dang...what jerks! My friend is leaving tmr. and she was hoping to be able to do a sunset cruise with Anthony!! Hope everything checks out and he gets back in the water soon!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by cple View Post

hopefully the idiot can't get off the island until the cost of repairing the boat has been settled. Its amazing how stupid people can be.
    agreed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast